cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge problems after installation of Hero X Maximus

elPimps
Level 7
Hello all.
I just installed the Hero X Maximus bought from amazon warehouse.
It came with a bent condenser (one of those on the left looking the cpu from above) so i'm not sure it's 100% perfect.
Anyway i mounted a i7-9700k, 2x 16gb ddr4 viper 3200mhz dram (supported from the motherboard specs), a msi vega 56 8gb OC everything powered up with a corsair rm750x.

I didn't installed a fresh windows 10, i just used the old one (previously i uninstalled all the drivers from old hardware).

The first two boots went fine (i succesfully logged into windows) but the system crashed (hard freeze, reset button didn't work) both times after 1 minute.

After that i couldn't startup the os because it freeze few seconds after loading it up (it freeze during the windows logo on black screen): same as before hard freeze, i can only shut down the system, reset doesn't work.

So i downloaded the latest bios version (it was the 1602) and i tryed to install it from bios ez flash.

It loaded, restarted, showed the black screen with the message "don't reboot or shut down the system". After few seconds the system shut down and i cannot boot it since then.

So i tryed to use the "usb flashback button" succesfully (blinked for a until the led light was gone out).
But the problem still happens.

When i try to boot all the led starts but the system isn't booting (i ear only the hd starting, but not the fans and the system).

What can i do?

Is the motherboard broken?
4 REPLIES 4

elPimps
Level 7
I had to shut down everything cause the system was actually hanging out without any fan active and the temperature raised really up.
I just hope nothing burned out...

I returned the motherboard back to the shop.
I bought a new one anyway. So i don't need further support on this

Attached a photo of the bent condenser.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Always do a fresh install of Windows when swapping out motherboards with different chipsets.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

I bought a brand new hero x.
Same problem as before.
If I attempt to boot from windows 10 repair usb the system freezes in a little while.
I really don’t know what to do.
Bios version is 2.17.1246.
Is it an issue between bios and other hardware?
Proc is i7-9700k
RAM viper *patriot 2x16gb ddr4 (compatibile from official charts)

EDIT: updated bios everything works !