CaseAZZA
    Power SupplyLepa G 1600
    Keyboard Logitech
    Mouse Logitech
    Headset Logitech
    Headset/Speakers Corsair
    OS Windows 10/ Ubuntu 18.04
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R8000

update: While adding a + 0.0124 CPU voltage offset previously helped a little ultimately it did not resolve the 8D debug boot code on my ASUS Crosshair 8 Hero.

currently on bios 1105 and the 8D post code is showing up more than ever. Adding more or less cpu vcore offset, Lowering memory speed to 2933, running cpu completely stock with no overclocking, adjusting VDDG voltages 1.05 to 0.95v, and adjusting CLDO from 700 to 1150mv all made no difference.

Lowered fixed SOC voltage from 1.0375 to 0.96250 and I've made it several days with no boot failures. VDDG voltages are supposed to be lower than SOC so I currently have them at 0.95V. Returned memory speed to 3600 and all is well.
    Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Bios1105)
    AMD Ryzen 3800X @4.8ghz@1.5v (chilled loop)
    Gskill 32GB 4266 memory @3600 (Ryzen Dram Calculator Fast Timings)
    Samsung 970 EVO 1TB nVME (x2)
    AMD Radeon VII POS

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I registered just to chime in as another one with the same 8d Q-Code and failure to boot issue. Have been having it since I built the machine back in 9/19. So aggravating. You'd think there'd be some BIOS update to fix it at some point between then and now.

Anyhow, I'm running the following:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
    Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (non-Wi-Fi) running latest BIOS
    G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600
    Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold
    Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 2070 Super OC
    Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
    Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
    SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB
    Windows 10 Pro v. 1909

I feel I've tried everything, but I'll try messing with the SOC voltage.
    The 8d Q-code issue appears to finally have been resolved with the latest Bios update. Bios 1302 that came out on 2020/03/03.

ROG Junior Member Array 72CZR PC Specs
    72CZR PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C18Q-64GTZN
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 2080
    MonitorSamsung U28H750
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 256GB
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyROG STRIX 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G213
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    The 8d Q-code issue appears to finally have been resolved with the latest Bios update. Bios 1302 that came out on 2020/03/03.
    I'm on 1302 and just had 4-5 consecutive boots with 8D Q-Code today. Cutting power off (from the PSU's switch) was the only way to boot without resetting CMOS
    Crosshair VIII Hero with 3900X and 64GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz running at 3200MHz as that seemed the highest stable setting. So much spent on a brand new build which not only it can't run the advertised speeds but it's also unstable at lower ones.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 72CZR View Post
    I'm on 1302 and just had 4-5 consecutive boots with 8D Q-Code today. Cutting power off (from the PSU's switch) was the only way to boot without resetting CMOS
    Crosshair VIII Hero with 3900X and 64GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz running at 3200MHz as that seemed the highest stable setting. So much spent on a brand new build which not only it can't run the advertised speeds but it's also unstable at lower ones.
    Have you tried reducing SOC voltage? I was having issues with random boots to a black screen with a 8D code on the mobo of my Strix x570 Gaming-E. The ONLY thing that solved it was dropping the SOC voltage down.

New ROGer Array

Check my post from this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...)-RAM-problems

8D and other memory errors is common on C8H it seems. I had issues and found a solution on an obscure OC forum. It helped me and the dude in thread above. Truth is - C8H is a dog**** tier "high-end" Mobo. It flexes too much because it doesn't have backplate compared to other motherboards in the same price range. The flex causes poor CPU/RAM connection. which results in memory training issues and failure to post.

Try following:

1. Clean RAM contacts with 98% alcohol
    2. Clean DIMM slots with compressed air to blow out all the dust
    3. Remove your cooling system, remove CPU
    4. Use compressed air on CPU socket.
    5. Resit your CPU.
    6. Clean old thermalpase and place new one
    7. When mounting cooler, especially AIO, don't overtighten the bolts.

If that doesn't help, just check your CPU and your Mobo. Can be either of them, faulty Mobo or faulty CPU memory controller.

New ROGer Array

I am having this very same issue with a Ryzen 9 3900X and G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4 x 8GB (F4-3600C16D-16GTRS).
    I think the only i way i don't get 8d post codes (or 0d..happened once for me) is to disable D.O.C.P. profile for RAM...which is a **** solution...
    Also sometimes i get the F9 post code (related to ram issues), with automatic shutdowns and boot ups until a message appears to reset the BIOS definitions (this as also been discussed in other threads).

This particular RAM model can't be found in the Ryzen 3 compatible ram page.

Ryzen Compatible Memory

But comes listed as compatible with this MB on the G.Skill memory configurator and ASUS RAM QVL list

G.Skill Memory configurator

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII SERIES MEMORY QVL

Am i missing something here?

ROG Junior Member Array 72CZR PC Specs
    72CZR PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C18Q-64GTZN
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 2080
    MonitorSamsung U28H750
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 256GB
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyROG STRIX 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G213
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by Derpcrawler View Post
    Check my post from this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...)-RAM-problems

8D and other memory errors is common on C8H it seems. I had issues and found a solution on an obscure OC forum. It helped me and the dude in thread above. Truth is - C8H is a dog**** tier "high-end" Mobo. It flexes too much because it doesn't have backplate compared to other motherboards in the same price range. The flex causes poor CPU/RAM connection. which results in memory training issues and failure to post.

Try following:

5. Resit your CPU.

If that doesn't help, just check your CPU and your Mobo. Can be either of them, faulty Mobo or faulty CPU memory controller.
    It's a brand new (<1 week at the time of my post) system lol. No dust and I didn't overthight the screws.
    My RAM (F4-3600C18Q-64GTZN) is also listed on both ASUS's QVL and G.Skill website as compatible with my MB/CPU. What makes me wonder is if this batch of RAM is faulty or very bad quality (I have the 18CL, not the 16 ones so I'm on Hynix instead of Samsung chips).
    Tried every possible combination of settings (D.O.C.P. / manual using DRAM Calculator) - never had the chance to POST @ 3600Mhz. Anything >= 3333Mhz is unstable or won't POST. I'm currently running @ 3200MHz 22-22-22-22 and it's rock stable. Didn't even have a failed 8D post for some time but if I do then a simple reset fixes it, lol.

VDDSOC 1.100 V
    DRAM 1.355 V
    VDDCR SOC 1.363 V
    CLDO VDDP 0.900 V
    CLDO VDDG 1.097 V

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	85274

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	85275

Quote Originally Posted by DMAN406 View Post
    Have you tried reducing SOC voltage? I was having issues with random boots to a black screen with a 8D code on the mobo of my Strix x570 Gaming-E. The ONLY thing that solved it was dropping the SOC voltage down.
    Lowered until 1.1 to help lower temperatures. WTF is wrong with ASUS ? On full auto the system runs with very high voltages and thus very hot.

Any suggestions based on my current settings ?

New ROGer Array

It's a brand new (<1 week at the time of my post) system lol. No dust and I didn't overthight the screws.
    My RAM (F4-3600C18Q-64GTZN) is also listed on both ASUS's QVL and G.Skill website as compatible with my MB/CPU. What makes me wonder is if this batch of RAM is faulty or very bad quality (I have the 18CL, not the 16 ones so I'm on Hynix instead of Samsung chips).
    Tried every possible combination of settings (D.O.C.P. / manual using DRAM Calculator) - never had the chance to POST @ 3600Mhz. Anything >= 3333Mhz is unstable or won't POST. I'm currently running @ 3200MHz 22-22-22-22 and it's rock stable. Didn't even have a failed 8D post for some time but if I do then a simple reset fixes it, lol.

VDDSOC 1.100 V
    DRAM 1.355 V
    VDDCR SOC 1.363 V
    CLDO VDDP 0.900 V
    CLDO VDDG 1.097 V

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	85274

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	85275

Lowered until 1.1 to help lower temperatures. WTF is wrong with ASUS ? On full auto the system runs with very high voltages and thus very hot.

Any suggestions based on my current settings ?
    I am telling you, I had an exact same issue. I bought all my components for new PC on May 15th. I am also on Hynix CJR RAM. My system would be very unstable or not post at all at XMP rated clocks (3600Mhz) and timings (18-19-19-38). It was only stable at 3200Mhz or lower, even though it would run perfectly fine on my old X99 intel system.

All I did, was resit CPU, blow compressed air into socket (although I didn't have any dust) and reappluy my AIO (NZXT kraken x73) but this time I just screwed thumbscrews by hand without screwdriver. After that all my issues were gone. Try it, even if you are 100% sure you don't have issue with dust or overtightened AIO. There is something weird with Asus boards for AM4 socket, it's retarded that they don't have decent backplate on high end boards (300+) when ASRock, MSI and Gigabyte do have boards with full mobo backplate at these price ranges.
    Last edited by Derpcrawler; 06-16-2020 at 08:18 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by filipesantos_ View Post
    I am having this very same issue with a Ryzen 9 3900X and G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4 x 8GB (F4-3600C16D-16GTRS).
    I think the only i way i don't get 8d post codes (or 0d..happened once for me) is to disable D.O.C.P. profile for RAM...which is a **** solution...
    Also sometimes i get the F9 post code (related to ram issues), with automatic shutdowns and boot ups until a message appears to reset the BIOS definitions (this as also been discussed in other threads).

This particular RAM model can't be found in the Ryzen 3 compatible ram page.

Ryzen Compatible Memory

But comes listed as compatible with this MB on the G.Skill memory configurator and ASUS RAM QVL list

G.Skill Memory configurator

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII SERIES MEMORY QVL

Am i missing something here?
    So...a little update on this...
    Just talked to Asus Support on the phone, and they alerted me to the fact that in the QVL list for the mobo, this specific model from G.Skill memory was only tested with 2 DIMM, so they don't assure the 4 DIMM support. I have 4 x 8GB so might have found the problem...But i will do some tests later to see if this applies.

Name:	gskill.jpg 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	85288

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Derpcrawler View Post

Try following:

5. Resit your CPU.

This solved my problem. At least i don't get an 8D error every time i reboot the computer.
    The only way i can get an 8D error now is by rebooting the PC 10 or 20 times in a row. For each 10 times with 4 ram sticks e get 2 x 8D errors.
    With only 2 sticks of ram i get only 1 x 8D error.
    So thanks for the tip...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast