cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New motherbord rampage iv neeed help !!!!!!!!

feyje2000
Level 7
HELLO EVERYONE

I bought my Rampage IV since 15 FEV,

So when i click power the botton, then the cpu fan didnt Start and fan of South bridge didnt stat too!
The Bios didnt want open . Idk why but nothing are working. I plug as well the Ps and ram, cpu, the motherbord.I check like 1000x time the connection and everthing shoulb be fine but IT NOT AND i pay 500$ CAD for that and its not working !
I think the motherbord is defective because those fan are not working.
The code on bord is staking 00
I need HELP

I have a PS 850W Thermaltake
a CPU I7 3820
my ram 1600 Cossair vengance 8GB
13 REPLIES 13

mdzcpa
Level 12
What BIOS are you running?
What fan header did you plug your CPU fam into?
Did you plug in BOTH the 24 pin AND either the 4 or 8 pin ATX psu cable?

Need a better description of your problem. Are you getting any post message on you screen at all? Or just black screen?
Need your full system specs. CPU Cooler. Ram model. Vid card.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The BIOS needs to be updated.

Simple fix. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

8_Pack
Level 12
Yeah new CPU with old bios microcode update to either 1005 or 1201 which I personally think are most stable and so do many others.

Hey guys

My screen is black so I can't update the bios. How can I update the bios with a screen black?
I have a Cooler header H50 from Cossair. I plug the both with 8pin.
The fan from South Bridge doesn’t work.I put a header ordinary fan on Cpu and that fan doesn’t run too. So the bios doesn’t want open, Cpu fan and fan of south bridge doesn’t run and my screen is black. I change the ps but the problem is same. I try anything but nothing is working. The screen stacks black.

I have a CoreI7 3820, PS 850w thermaltake, Ram 8GB 1600 Cossaire Vengence and a 6750 video card sapphire.

Necrosan
Level 12
Read the included manual.
It explains how to update the BIOS without even installing the CPU.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Read the manual.

3.10 is a good place to start.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

VistaKing
Level 9
Hey feyje2000@live.ca
See if this will help you out. Its what HiVizMan was referring to I believe

3.10.5 USB BIOS Flashback
The USB BIOS Flashback allows users to update BIOS without entering BIOS or the operating system by using a USB flash disk drive under standby power.
1. Download the latest BIOS program file from the ASUS website.
2. Extract and rename the BIOS image file to R4E.ROM.
3. Copy R4E.ROM to the root directory of the USB flash disk drive.
4. Turn off the system and connect the USB flash drive to the ROG Connect port (the white USB 2.0 port) at the rear panel of the motherboard.
5. Hold the ROG Connect button until the BIOS LED begins to blink, then release.
6. Wait until the LED stops to blink, then the BIOS flash is completed.

But to boot the USB drive for it to read the R4E.ROM file you need to create a bootable flash drive in FAT32 format. If you have another computer running Windows 7 you could use diskpart in command prompt or through Windows Explorer. By right clicking on the removable disk under Computer ( My Computer ) and click on FORMAT . You will get a Format Removable Disk window make sure you choose FAT32 under File system and check quick format so it could format fast along with Create a MS-DOS startup disk . Click start and it should format the flash drive to FAT32 and make it bootable.
Note: Make sure yo backup your flash drive before formatting. If you want to keep the stuff that were in the Flash drive before you loose them in the format.

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam

I try uptade bios with flash but the problem are not resolue. The fan cpu and fan of south bridge are not working. I have alway a black screen. im tire about it. Why they made a AMAZING motherbord with a lot complatation! I pug 8 pin ATX on motherbord. Everything should be fine but its not !

Someone get same problem like me ?! Please i need help. I dont want do a RMA.

feyje2000@live.ca wrote:
I try uptade bios with flash but the problem are not resolue. The fan cpu and fan of south bridge are not working. I have alway a black screen. im fuken tire about it. Why they made a AMAZING motherbord with a lot complatation ***!. I pug 8 pin ATX on Borth so i don't kknow what is the fuken problem.

Please revise your post without the f word. I also recommend calling ASUS Tech support, they will treat you right especially being an ROG product owner. Please come back after calling them if you need further assistance