cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero X570 Chipset Temperature

zekikosiff
Level 7
Hello my motherboard chipset (pch) temperature idle 60-62 max 72 this is normal temp ?
Bios 0803
33 REPLIES 33

blubhimself
Level 7
Yes thats normal. My PCH Temp is about 61 at Idle and 70 at Load.
But my Windows behaves strange... it shows installed memory 15,9GB...while 2x8GB are installed.. with my old C7H ist shows 16GB.
Is that normal?

Normal 🙂

Can't seem to insert the image here (Think I may have gotten it) but here is the read out from HWiNFO64

BIOS Version: 0605 (Came preinstalled and I am not very familiar with updating bios)

Temps: that are concerning are the Evo 970 55+ and the PCH or Chip set at 64 both at idle not even gaming.

This has me a bit concerned 😞 and I would appreciate other owners of this boards take on what the idle temp can be and at what temps I should be concerned?

Thanks,

-Naz

nazkai wrote:
Can't seem to insert the image here (Think I may have gotten it) but here is the read out from HWiNFO64

BIOS Version: 0605 (Came preinstalled and I am not very familiar with updating bios)

Temps: that are concerning are the Evo 970 55+ and the PCH or Chip set at 64 both at idle not even gaming.

This has me a bit concerned 😞 and I would appreciate other owners of this boards take on what the idle temp can be and at what temps I should be concerned?

Thanks,

-Naz

OK, i'm on bios 1001 and my idle temps are definitely lower.
I don't know your setup but as all your temperatures seem higher (pch, vrm, dimm, ssd) , is your case ventilated enough?

Jack007 wrote:
OK, i'm on bios 1001 and my idle temps are definitely lower.
I don't know your setup but as all your temperatures seem higher (pch, vrm, dimm, ssd) , is your case ventilated enough?

Hey there Jack appreciate the reaching out.

I've been trying hard to ensure good airflow but it might be this case (Not a lot of options) It's a TT view 37 I've moved my GPU from being mounted right over the active cooler to being vertically mounted and I replaced my initial 2080TI twin fan from Zotac with a XC Hybrid 2080ti (With that AIO) set to exuast out the back.

With the GPU fans on full blast and all the other case fans I can control (Cannot control the software or fan RPMS for my original case fans (two large in front and one that was exhaust on top but is now intake on bottom and two fans on the Thermal Take AIO up front mounted as an intake) all of those fans I can't seem to control due to Thermal Take Software error Seen in the Link below:

https://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/64021-riing-plus-premium-errror-codeh_0x0001/

Both CPU and GPU are liquid cooled by Aio's

mid 50' is all I see.

Really need to be on the latest bios 1001 and have latest amd chipset drivers installed.

RedSector73 wrote:
mid 50' is all I see.

Really need to be on the latest bios 1001 and have latest amd chipset drivers installed.

Hello Red I am on 1001 where can I ensure I have all the latest AMD Chip-set drivers?

Thanks

-Naz

nazkai wrote:
Hello Red I am on 1001 where can I ensure I have all the latest AMD Chip-set drivers?

Should have linked that, my bad https://www.amd.com/en/support, select chipsets, AM4 and x570.

The GPIO driver is few revisions past what Microsoft released in windows 10 update a few weeks back.

Another choice to take guess work out of things, is to use Snappy Driver Installer (lite version) https://sdi-tool.org/download/ this is best at getting latest or most optimal drivers for your system.

There is new microcode update due out late this month, early next. It might also change things with reported 100 fix's/tweaks within it, or might not have any effect on the chipset given it's focus is a cpu code update.

Thanks,

So I notice that I have the updated drivers from Armory Crate and Asus AI-suite 3

Does this cover my Chip-set or are there other steps to take to double check?

-Naz