Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)PVR416G413C9K @ 3600 14-15-14-28 CR1
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by nazkai View Post
    Hello Red I am on 1001 where can I ensure I have all the latest AMD Chip-set drivers?
    Should have linked that, my bad https://www.amd.com/en/support, select chipsets, AM4 and x570.

The GPIO driver is few revisions past what Microsoft released in windows 10 update a few weeks back.

Another choice to take guess work out of things, is to use Snappy Driver Installer (lite version) https://sdi-tool.org/download/ this is best at getting latest or most optimal drivers for your system.

There is new microcode update due out late this month, early next. It might also change things with reported 100 fix's/tweaks within it, or might not have any effect on the chipset given it's focus is a cpu code update.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 10-20-2019 at 01:34 AM.

New ROGer Array

So are these temps normal on this board at idle?

Thanks,

So I notice that I have the updated drivers from Armory Crate and Asus AI-suite 3

Does this cover my Chip-set or are there other steps to take to double check?

-Naz
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capturechipsetamrcrt.jpg  

RedSector73 PC Specs
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Thanks,

So I notice that I have the updated drivers from Armory Crate and Asus AI-suite 3

Does this cover my Chip-set or are there other steps to take to double check?

-Naz
    The AMD chipset drivers are Revision Number 1.9.27.1033 today, which is further the asus armory crate indicates in your picture and windows update, the link was provided.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 10-21-2019 at 02:09 AM.

New ROGer Array

Thanks Red.

All the Chipset Drivers have been installed via the AMD link.

No real temperature changes to speak of but I am sure that the most current drivers are still likely helping me out in other key ways that I have little knowledge around.

As for the Hot PCH It stays around 65-68 playing the game Control With ultra settings and Ray Tracing enabled so perhaps even at these temps this will be ok or maybe these PCH temps will end up smoking the board after a while and I will need to RMA it really not sure whats nominal and whats too hot for the 37 View ThermalTake case and this X570 Crosshair hero VIII Wi/Fi Motherboard.

Appreciate the assist, Might try doing a push/pull on my 240 AIO from the CPU or swapping out to Noctua SP fans next.

-Naz
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos CaptureAMDchipset1.9.27.1033.jpg  

CapturetempsafterAMDchipset1.9.27.1033install.jpg  

Last edited by nazkai; 10-21-2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: updating with Idle temp readings

RedSector73 PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

No real temperature changes to speak of but I am sure that the most current drivers are still likely helping me out in other key ways that I have little knowledge around.

As for the Hot PCH It stays around 65-68 playing the game Control With ultra settings and Ray Tracing enabled so perhaps even at these temps this will be ok or maybe these PCH temps will end up smoking the board after a while and I will need to RMA it really not sure whats nominal and whats too hot for the 37 View ThermalTake case and this X570 Crosshair hero VIII Wi/Fi Motherboard.
    ASUS support were quoted elsewhere (not this forum), and were reported to say the chipset at 79-80 is "safe, but can be better".

here is some reddit posts about temps
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment..._temperatures/

You have nothing to worry about, it is within normal ranges.

Noctua Fans on the other side of your AIO in push/pull make a nice difference without much of noise hit.

Mine maybe lower as the 2080ti is mounted horizontally and I have fan blowing air into the gap between the motherboard and the backside of the graphics card.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 10-21-2019 at 11:45 PM.

New ROGer Array

Thanks Red Noctua's are on order and we'll see if they do somewhat in Pushpull.

-Naz

New ROGer Array

Well I am back and can report that after several hours under load of a game Called Disco Elysium (Not Far Cry or anything like a heavy FPS) My Machine Got pretty toasty and even hit 80C. Doesn't seem to be my processor offhand or GPU as they didn't come near as toasty as the PCH but then they are both liquid cooled and going thorough Radiators.

First pic is of my system right after booting it up for the first time of the night and the second is after 2-3 hours of gaming.

When folks get some time could anyone here check out these after load temps and let me know your thoughts? Is 80 c under load ok for this PCH Chipset?

-Naz
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capturetempsafter1stnoctua10252019afterfirstreboot of day.jpg  

Capture Tempsafter 2 hours of playing gamesDE.jpg  

RedSector73 PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Hey naz, that is well within normal for PCH.

buildzoid did good breakdown of it here - he rambles a lot but still worth it.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 10-26-2019 at 06:42 AM.

New ROGer Array

Heh Man Red you are fast, someone outta pay you for all the help you dish out.

Wild I've never thought that Mobo chipset could get that toasty while gaming for a few hours. (I mean I could just about burn my hand feeling the back side of this case.

Thanks for the Video I will watch the whole thing and study it a bit.

At the moment I am considering 3 options and would like your take later when you have time (Hitting the sack soon as it's 2am here in Chicago.)

1. Do nothing and live with it and if/when it breaks deal with an RMA

2. Buy some Artic Grizzly instead of the Cooler Master Cyberpower used and also good get a 360 AIO (Not sure which to go with yet) to replace my ARGB 240MM Thermal Take one from the CPU Block and see if that is better.

3. Same as #2 but instead Buy a Huge Ugly CPU Noctua Cooler with 2 tower heatsinks and fans on both sides and see if that helpsl

4. Contact Cyber Power and ask them to RMA it and send me a new MOBO/machine and start all over again

Outta curiosity what Temps do you see on your CPU/PCH and M.2 after 2 hours of gaming Red?

Thanks

-Naz

RedSector73 PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Thank you for you kind comments. I'm sure ASUS enjoy the free technical support (if you can call my comments that !).

(1) The problem is that failure of component and massive temperature rises go hand-in-hand and being polite the causation is often assumed as the cause by untrained people (not trained in electronics/engineering). Thus with an added anxiety of a failed pc component from past or recent present and the correct observation just prior of elevated temperature, people have easily become focused on temperature believing this was the cause (lower is better mantra).

The truth is within specification is fine. Even when a CPU or GPU go beyond safe temperature they throttle before damage, or even shut down the system. Even this isn't dangerous or bad, it is protected and safe, when you resolve the cause, the system goes back to running normally.

If your system has bad component, it will fail, hopefully before warranty and you get it replaced. (and if you have really good consumer laws then even outside of warranty isn't safe for manufacture of a defective component)

As long as the system is running within the design thermal specifications it will last exactly the same time regardless of where it exists within the acceptable thermal (upper or lower) limits. As long as it within the these thermal limits, it will last the designed time or longer, albeit component failure or excessive o/c or user caused failure or (in the past by fair few companies) bad design.

(2) I use Arctic Silver 5 (since it came in '99 varies versions) but Grizzly Kryonaut is better, enough so, that I am considering switching (seriously). I use coolermaster for AIO's and have for about seven years. I have this AIO https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog...id-ml360r-rgb/ however if money is no object this one has fan (Noctua) built in, which cools the VRM https://www.asus.com/us/Cooling/ROG-RYUJIN-360/

(3) They are ugly as but they also work (I've used them in the past) nearly as good (2), less moving parts (points of failure). However that said, my minister for war & finances, has decided AIO's are in for the last eight years and ugly and clutter around the motherboard is out. I know where I like to sleep and there is no way I'm going to disagree with her or argue my points made before and win.

(4) Till it's broken through failure, you can't normally RMA and not have it returned or at least not here in Aussie world and we have some fairly good consumer laws.

I really don't think what my system get matters, we have some shared components but different cases and climates. Anyway heading into summer and the typical temps are rising now with warmer days, I see at the moment in gaming, (via Aida64) between 60 to 72 PCH Diode. M2 runs 32 to 40. The max for GPU 64 and CPU 62 (or lower). Both the CPU & GPU are on AIO's there is less temperature being dissipated near the motherboard components and I have fair airflow through the case but can make that extreme if needed (never needed).

You system seems fine to me for temperature given. I see nothing that worries me.

Hope you find this of help.

PS: There is new bios out early next month which if rumors are anything to go off sounds very positive improvements.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 10-26-2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added PS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast