cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Battery is draining when under load

D_Luniz
Level 7
When Im playing Eve Online, I notice my battery has been draining down to 75%, and starts to recover once I alt tab from the game. This is the only time it is doing this, so Im not sure if its an issue with the battery or the power supply

ROG G752VS OC Edition 7th gen
6 REPLIES 6

jdfrench3
Level 12
I'm not a heavy gamer so I don't see any battery drain with my G752VSK. My laptop is only two years old. My battery still reports "Fully Charged 100%".

Are you using any USB connections while gaming?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

bazzarooney
Level 9
D Luniz wrote:
When Im playing Eve Online, I notice my battery has been draining down to 75%, and starts to recover once I alt tab from the game. This is the only time it is doing this, so Im not sure if its an issue with the battery or the power supply

ROG G752VS OC Edition 7th gen

This is fairly standard behavior and has been covered before. I have the 6th gen version and the same thing happens to mine unless I set the profile to standard in gaming center or use throttle stop to under volt and restrict the oc.

navis995
Level 11
Its normal.
The adapter cannot give enough power so it use the battery.
Mind you this happens on all gaming laptops except those where the power is met with the adapter.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I've got the Non OC edition, I don't have this problem.

What's your overclock settings? You could revert them to stock, then slowly creep up until the drain disappears.

Personally I think you should revert to stock speeds on the G752VS, keep it under 75*C if possible. :f

BigJohnny
Level 13
Normal because the brick cant supply enough power. All the higher end models do it. I know my G752VY does.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Perhaps undervolt then. You should never drop below 95% on charge.