cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with G20AJ BIOS setting after bios reset

WebMasterOne
Level 7
Hallo everybody, i'm here because i need your help

Some days ago my G20AJ started to say me (at boot time) "New cpu installed, press F1...."

followinf many net instruction i decided to change BIOS battery, and resete Bios after battery change, before start it again.

In a very very stupid way (i know iknow) i didn't take care of my bios setting, because i thoug it would have too easy to seti it again correctly (i'm an old man, and i'm used to manage OLD bios, not this UEFI one . and really i still didn't underted well waht uefi is, and the difference.....)

anyway, at first start, the PC booted into Bios setting. here i load optimized value, saved, and....

whit my surprise... it booted again into bios.
and in the bios i didn't saw my Kingstone SSD disk (with OS)

googling i discovered that i had to paly with CSM

so after some try (i admit, i tryed to change a value, that reboot since i get the sistem boot correctly

Now the sistem boot correctly, but i would like you to help me to set the BIOS correctley

in fact, for example, i can see the kingston disk in the Boot override list, but i cannot se it in the boot option priorities

attached the fiist megatrend screen (where i can see the 2 disk attached to the pc: kisgstone = SSD OS 128 Gb , and the toshiba is a 1 Tb internal HD

than you can see all my actual bios setting. (i've also 5 external USB attached to the PC)

these are my PC specs:

ASUS ROG G20AJ-IT004S Desktop PC

Processor Intel Core i7 4790
RAM 16 GB
Hard Disk 1 TB + SSD 128 GB
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4 GB
814888148981490814918149281493814948149581496814978149881499815008150181502814888148981490814918149281493814948149581496814978149881499815008150181502
8 REPLIES 8

WebMasterOne
Level 7
other setting pages

davemon50
Level 11
Sounds like this is a SATA SSD and you only have one, but you have SATA mode selected as RAID. Probably should be switched to AHCI.

Also I have had better success with CSM and SSD by disabling CSM altogether rather than tweaking values. Also possible you might need to disable secure boot, but try that last.
Davemon50

I tried to set AHCI instead of raid
The result was a BSOD inaccessible boot device
Keep in mind that it was settled in this way when I bought it
I' d to come back to RAID to have the os load correctly

for this i will no try to diable CSM
🙂
also because when i load opitimez value CSM vas disabled, and the system continuosly boot into bios.
as soon as i enabled it, the system booted the os

rpc72
Level 7
I've had a similar experience.
I have a Crucial 750Gb SSD and the default Toshiba 1TB.
For some reason when I hard reset the unit when it hangs or if a brownout occurs, after booting, it cannot find the boot drive (Crucial SSD). I also notice that the mode has been changed from AHCI to RAID. This is what I do to resolve it:
1. Disable the Toshiba drive in the BIOS
2. Save BIOS settings and restart
3. Enter BIOS. Now my Crucial SSD is detected in Boot manager
4. Enable the Toshiba drive
5. Set mode to AHCI.
6. Save BIOS settings and restart

ASUS should issue an upgraded BIOS that fixes this bothersome issue!

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
hey, where did you install the ssd to and which sata port did you use, when I installed my ssd in the slot above the optic drive I had loads of issues with that port. try using the sata power and data cable and see if issues still there.

rpc72
Level 7
I installed it exactly where you described. Do you mean try a different SATA and power cable?

rpc72 wrote:
I installed it exactly where you described. Do you mean try a different SATA and power cable?

the only reason I asked is because the area I tell you to install the ssd to in the slot, when you use the power and data sata cables and you run them right below that ssd, I had the same issues with you. if you was to remove the 1tb that is below the graphics card and use the power and data cables, turn the pc on and see if it boots fine to the windows when using the ssd in that area