cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VII Wi-FI + Ryzen 3700x + G.Skill 3200C14D , can't hit 3200?

Ferio123
Level 7
Hello,

Does anyone know why I'm not able to reach Trident Z 3200C14D?

It doesn't matter what I do, I cannot run at this speed. Maximum I can get is 3066Mhz with the profile enabled (standard 3200, have to set back to 3066). I have tried boosting the voltage, up to 1.4 but it doesn't worked. I also tried to increase the socket a little but nothing either.

It this because of the buggy Asus bios? I'm running on the latest 2606.

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

xeizo
Level 12
I think more the profile is bugged, use Taiphoon Burner + Ryzen Dram Calculator to set manual timings instead.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

Which model is this, the Trident oz Ripjaws? I also had problems with DOCP, it did work on 3200 but had some BSODs. Now with a manual setup (if you have the Ripjaws CL14 i can share my timings but they're just the safe setting DRAM calculator gives) it's better but still some problems here and there, can also run 3600 CL14 for benchmarking.
So not being able to get 3200 from them is strange, unless you have 4 sticks if those problems are still present with the 3000 series.

I have the Crosshair VI, 3700X and got 320014D TridentZ memory.
It works for me with 14-14-14-34 timings and 1.35V.
I didn't change another timings (everything else is set to auto) and didn't tune anything else yet. When i was trying to set other timings manually, i always had a problems and the system didn't start for me.

Try setting

tCL 14
tRCD(R)(W) 16
tRP 16
tRAS 42
tRC 58
tFAW 48
tRRDS 6
tRRDL 8
tRTP 12
tRFC 464

Voltage 1.35

everything else on Auto.

xeizo wrote:
I think more the profile is bugged, use Taiphoon Burner + Ryzen Dram Calculator to set manual timings instead.

Tridents.. but I will check the above replies and see if I can set things manually.

With intel stuff just worked out of the box.. just really annoying with everything going on with amd, buggy bios and so on.. /sigh

Retired
Not applicable
It seem like some memory chips getting less compatibility support for each bios update, and some chips get better compatibility support

i installed this kit in a computer i built (B450-F/Ryzen 2600) yesterday for a friend> CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16

Booted right up at DOCP 3200mhz/16-18-18-36 T1, and overclocked without a hiccup, no problems with anything what so ever

if i compare that kit with the kit i have in my computer ((, its getting worse for every bios update (so i dont update bios anymore)

The only way to run my kit in decent speed, its to go manual, and mess with the settings outside the book of common knowledge and sanity

So its a big difference from kit to kit, maaaaajor.....

BTW: I can recommend that corsair kit for Ryzen and still sleep good tonight ))

andyliu
Level 9
worst case, it might be the memory controller on the CPU but it will take different CPU to test.
have you tried running single dimm to test too?

andyliu wrote:
worst case, it might be the memory controller on the CPU but it will take different CPU to test.
have you tried running single dimm to test too?

Not yet. Will do that next.

So far I've used Thaiphoon to extract my memory. Loaded profile into Dram calculatorm 3200m safe mode to calculate everything. I've put everything that was said in the bios or ryzen master, but it won't help. It will not go at 3200 speed.

Anyone else have a solution besides the single ram test or what could be wrong?

Retired
Not applicable
dont bother to test another CPU

I think you need to go manual OC with this memory kit ( i am not meaning dram OC calculator)

What is Ryzen master, a hairy leather jock?