cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V edition 10 no post but R5E does!? 3200cl14 quad channel

TheGeneral
Level 7
Hey all,

So I have a R 5 Edition 10 and a 1680v3. I am trying to get my quad channel kit of gskill 3200 cl14 to post at xmp.

With bios at optimised defaults and nothing but xmp changed I am getting q code bd loops until q code cc appears. 2666 posts however.

The main twist to the story is, if I plug everything I to my spare R 5 Extreme it posts instantly at xmp.

Now call me stupid but surely as the R 5 E 10 is far newer you would think the memory algorithms are more up to date?

I've taken note of ALL the voltages the R 5 E has applied and will try to input them into the E 10 when I get time in the hope this may sort it.

R 5 E is at 3902 bios. E 10 is at latest bios released recently.

Only other think I can think of is to try a much older bios on the E 10?

Can anyone think of anything else?

Thanks
27 REPLIES 27

TheGeneral
Level 7
So,

After HOURS, and i mean HOURS! - Wife almost filled for Divorce :D:p

i seem to have my system running the way that i would like.

I tried all of the settings that the R5E chose for my kit but some i was unable to match due to different limits on the R5E10 BIOS. So i then tried a couple of older BIOSs.

Initially i tried the BIOS with the same release date of the bios that my R5E had -> No luck.

So i went all of the way back to the release BIOS for the R5E10 and voila! the board now posts / boots fine with XMP 3200 CL 14 32GB goodness.

Ive ran a few basic benchmarks such as Cinebenchr15 and CPU-Z validation, Ive also ran Aida64 Stress testing for a good 10 minutes with no problems. I may pick up the courage to run for longer and try memtest but if the pc is stable under use im happy, and im not under water again yet cause ive been troubleshooting on the table under air cooling.

So in conlution,

Newest is definately not always best! I can only assume that at some point the micro code for memory training / detection was changed too much and was messing up compatibility with this kit. I also thought that perhaps my board was convinced my Xeon was a Broadwell-E chip and was applying the wrong timings whatever i did, they were generally much tighter on the latest bios.

Just happy i sorted the problem, i may try newer BIOSs and see how new i can go but for now im not bothered 😛

Time to put my rig back together and see what this 1680v3 can do under custom water!

I hope this may help others with similar problems and inspire people to try older BIOS versions for their Memory kits 🙂

TheGeneral wrote:
So in conlution,

Newest is definately not always best!

Hello, tell me which version did you use to achieve a positive result? The fact is that I have almost the same problem: E5-1650v3+Asus R5E10 does not want to work with memory above 2400 MHz. Typically, the code is bd. I began to sort out starting from 0502, now I reached 1003. I would also like to know from the public: can these processors work on strap 125MHz? Or just apply trims with XMP? The very memory is OEM Samsung B-die, but even they do not start even at 2600 or 2666. Despite this, the processor easily accelerates to 4500 and cache 3800, with a rather modest supply voltage. The system is absolutely and completely stable, provided that the memory operates at a frequency of 2400 MHz. A little step to the side is the bd code, followed by a prompt in the BIOS. It doesn’t matter what timings and voltage - it doesn’t want.
That's what memory I have.
It is strange that mobo reports not that the memory has a frequency of 2400 MHz, but that it is its maximum frequency. And if so, in her opinion, then everything is logical and he will behave like a servant of Satan.

I'd love to understand where the reason is.
Очень жду ответа. :о

Morlock wrote:
Hello, tell me which version did you use to achieve a positive result? The fact is that I have almost the same problem: E5-1650v3+Asus R5E10 does not want to work with memory above 2400 MHz. Typically, the code is bd. I began to sort out starting from 0502, now I reached 1003. I would also like to know from the public: can these processors work on strap 125MHz? Or just apply trims with XMP? The very memory is OEM Samsung B-die, but even they do not start even at 2600 or 2666. Despite this, the processor easily accelerates to 4500 and cache 3800, with a rather modest supply voltage. The system is absolutely and completely stable, provided that the memory operates at a frequency of 2400 MHz. A little step to the side is the bd code, followed by a prompt in the BIOS. It doesn’t matter what timings and voltage - it doesn’t want.
That's what memory I have.
It is strange that mobo reports not that the memory has a frequency of 2400 MHz, but that it is its maximum frequency. And if so, in her opinion, then everything is logical and he will behave like a servant of Satan.

I'd love to understand where the reason is.
Очень жду ответа. :о

Hi,
There is light years difference in products the original question is asking about
For the OP just clear cmos and if you post to bios manually set the default timings 14-14-14-34-T2 or auto and both dram voltages 1.350v

For your issue you have server memory 2400MHz I assume that's why that's all it shows

https://www.newegg.com/p/0DF-005C-001G1

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/dram/module/M378A1K43BB2-CRC/

https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-PC4-19200-2400MHZ-desktop-M378A1K43BB2-CRC/dp/B079T94WCT

4GB Memory Module DDR4 2400MHz Samsung M391A5143EB1-CRC DIMM PC4-19200 1Rx8 ECC-Unbuffered Memory RAM. Server ECC Memory Ram. Desktop Dimm Memory Ram. Laptop SoDimm Memory Ram. DDR Memory Ram. DDR-2 Memory Ram.
Item Description 8GB Module DDR4 2400MHz Samsung M378A1K43BB2-CRC 19200 NON-ECC Memory RAM
SKU EB18-00042
Warranty Lifetime Warranty
Part Number M378A1K43BB2-CRC
Condition These products are all Brand New, and New Condition System pulls, open box returns, or general new condition flawless sticks, 100% individually tested. If any sticks go defective upon installation we will replace them; however, the buyer is responsible for getting ALL defects and returns back to us through standard mailing processes. We provide a lifetime warranty on all Brand New and New condition sticks.
Voltage 1.2V
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having a memory issue on my Rampage Vedition 10, running a 6800k and 32gb Corsair Vengeance 3200. Memory doesn’t boost even with xmp active. I get a black screen and bd code. If I choose the gaming profile the memory boosts to 2666. I recently updated bios to 2011
Â*has anyone else experienced this issue?

pharma
Level 9
TheGeneral wrote:
R 5 E is at 3902 bios. E 10 is at latest bios released recently.

R5E is currently at 4101 bios, and believe current E 10 at 2101. I'm using R5E with the Sylar76's modded 4101 bios and to date for me is by far the best in terms of stability and overall compatibility.

Vlada011
Level 10
I didn't know 2101 BIOS is available.
Probably here to cripple more performance because Intel's security mess.

RVE and RVE10 are absolutely same, only difference is in additional features on RVE10.
Both boards are great. Without AMD Zen on market investing in second hand X99 and now would be very nice gaming setup.
I think to stay on him up to DDR5.

Morkrah
Level 7
Yeah that's exactly what I thought vlad! Very powerfull for the price of used now hehe!

Only I'm now having trouble with dim slot b1 disappearing at 3200. So the story continues! I'll try tuning SA for a couple of hours before I try a newer bios.

Anyone got any ideas why it's always slot d1? I've cleaned the slots and the sticks so that's not a problem. System recognises all 32gb at 3000.

Hmmmmm

Morkrah
Level 7
Ok all, so if anyone still about for help I've narrowed it down a bit more.

I've been testing all my sticks in all slots and I have discovered that slot B1 on this board will get code 53 at 3200 but will post at slower speeds.

All sticks and other slots will post at xmp.

Why would one slot only not work at xmp speed but lower?

Is that more likely a cpu or mobo issue?

Seems so odd that "everything works" just not that slot at that speed! Wierd or what!

I'll keep tweaking.

I was running memtest at xmp quad channel fine the other night and now Slot b1 will drop out unless I slow down.

Appreciate everyone's time!

Afraid you may be dealing with the effects of time. Components age...and not all at the same rate.