cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Gene Wifi-Ethernet connection not right

badssgtslaughte
Level 7
Hi Team,
I have very download speeds in my home. I just purchased the maximus XI gene and paired it with the 9900k.
I have downloaded the wifi drivers and ethernet drivers. when I run speed test with direct cable hooked up i am getting 20 download speeds. when i remove the cable and hook it up to my laptop (dell ) I get 190 download speeds. when i hook to wi-fi from maximus board and run speed test same thing i get really crappy speeds. when i hook to my dell laptop, i get very good speeds.

any help from anyone would be very much appreciated. this one issue just made a great system horrible.
1 REPLY 1

badssgtslaughte
Level 7
Problem solved!!!
Team,
I worked with ASUS support to troubleshoot the issue. Note, I had bios updated, ethernet and wireless on current drivers. I was told the card was bad, I was just about to start pulling the card out to send it back for a replacement. I for ****s and giggles, decided to start uninstalling the programs that came on the motherboard app. when i deleted the gamefirst rog application, i decided to go run a speed test for the hell of it, and to my supprise I am not running 400mbsp on wireless and ethernet. I have tested / checked for two days now. everything seems to be running just fine. I hope this might help anyone else out in the future with this board.