cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix GL502VMK the keyboard does not work

gerZu
Level 7
Hello, my brother's laptop is a Rog strix Gl502, according to him. I stopped working your keyboard out of nowhere, from what I saw is that it updated its windows, I already did too many things in an attempt to repair this keyboard problem, the power key shines and it works normally the rest does not, it also does not work in the BIOS, I have already returned several versions back of windows as being (1607 (Anniversary Update) 1703 (Creators Update) 1803 (April 2018 Update) and now it is with the last 1903, but without working, I uninstalled, reinstalled and updated the drives, packages ATK and previous versions also installing driver 1 by 1 of all versions of the page https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/, with the entries of: (Asus numberpad, Asus Keyboard, Asus HIDclass), and something happened On August 20 of the present, I prepared to disassemble the equipment, I disassembled everything, board, hd and sd disk, ram, wifi, battery, I saw nothing irregular and I reassembled it, when I turned it on the keyboard was still not working and I was giving up until I went back to the administrator d and devices, this time I got two keyboards, Asus Numpad and PS2 Keyboard. Asus numpad had the exclamation point and I remembered a solution from this post. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101771-gl502vmk-keyboard-stop-working-after-Windows-10-upd...

"Hello!
I had the same problem. Go to the device manager and right click on the keyboard, press "update driver". Choose the search drivers on this PC and then press choose between the drivers already installed. There must be an HID keyboard device, choose it instead of ASUS NUMPAD "

I applied that solution and it worked again, even in the BIOS, from there I started preparing to reinstall everything I had, but the next day it stopped working. Please, I would like someone to contact me since it is something of the system according to me.

I also updated the BIOS, I updated it and updated again without results.
5 REPLIES 5

gerZu
Level 7
Help please

gerZu wrote:
Help please

Did you try to click on "Uninstall" instead of "Update driver" in the device manger and then restart?

SulimanAF wrote:
Did you try to click on "Uninstall" instead of "Update driver" in the device manger and then restart?

Yes, but the same driver reappears

Riyad
Level 7
gerZu wrote:
Hello, my brother's laptop is a Rog strix Gl502, according to him. I stopped working your keyboard out of nowhere, from what I saw is that it updated its windows, I already did too many things in an attempt to repair this keyboard problem, the power key shines and it works normally the rest does not, it also does not work in the BIOS, I have already returned several versions back of windows as being (1607 (Anniversary Update) 1703 (Creators Update) 1803 (April 2018 Update) and now it is with the last 1903, but without working, I uninstalled, reinstalled and updated the drives, packages ATK and previous versions also installing driver 1 by 1 of all versions of the page https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/, with the entries of: (Asus numberpad, Asus Keyboard, Asus HIDclass), and something happened On August 20 of the present, I prepared to disassemble the equipment, I disassembled everything, board, hd and sd disk, ram, wifi, battery, I saw nothing irregular and I reassembled it, when I turned it on the keyboard was still not working and I was giving up until I went back to the administrator d and devices, this time I got two keyboards, Asus Numpad and PS2 Keyboard. Asus numpad had the exclamation point and I remembered a solution from this post. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101771-gl502vmk-keyboard-stop-working-after-Windows-10-upd...

"Hello!
I had the same problem. Go to the device manager and right click on the keyboard, press "update driver". Choose the search drivers on this PC and then press choose between the drivers already installed. There must be an HID keyboard device, choose it instead of ASUS NUMPAD "

I applied that solution and it worked again, even in the BIOS, from there I started preparing to reinstall everything I had, but the next day it stopped working. Please, I would like someone to contact me since it is something of the system according to me.

I also updated the BIOS, I updated it and updated again without results.

This solution worked - Thank you

Joe5
Level 7

Did you find a solution ?