cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Fn key/backlight issue

eriphyle
Level 7
Hey,

My fn keys/backlight stopped working all of a sudden a couple months ago. I went through the threads and tried most of the suggestions... Reinstalling the ATK package didn't work (tried the one from the official website and an seemingly newer one I found floating in one of the threads here). Keyboard adjustment tool didn't work. Reinstalling Windows didn't work (including a completely fresh install). Updating drivers didn't work. Updating BIOS didn't work (currently on 312).

I don't think it's a hardware issue and my laptop has been RMA'd for a different issue three times already, with varying success, so I'm hesitant about sending it in for just this. Obviously not an important enough problem, but annoying enough that once in a while I try to get it sorted out. Any tips?
6 REPLIES 6

jdfrench3
Level 12
This is the ATK Package I use on my G752VSK:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100060.zip

As for the keyboard backlights....it might be a bad keyboard. I had it happen on a G75VW, replaced keyboard and backlights were restored. By the way replacing the keyboard is like 30 screws. Mean job.

Hey did you use your eSupport Folder (Run ASUS Installation Wizard) to restore all the ASUS drivers and programs after reinstalling Windows 10?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
This is the ATK Package I use on my G752VSK:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100060.zip

As for the keyboard backlights....it might be a bad keyboard. I had it happen on a G75VW, replaced keyboard and backlights were restored. By the way replacing the keyboard is like 30 screws. Mean job.

Hey did you use your eSupport Folder (Run ASUS Installation Wizard) to restore all the ASUS drivers and programs after reinstalling Windows 10?

Thanks for the reply. I tried that ATK package too but no luck. I didn't use the ASUS Installation Wizard but according to that everything is installed and up to date.

Yeah, I'm generally unhappy with how inaccessible parts of this laptop are, and how badly it seems to react to pretty much anything. Do you think there is a way I could check whether it's a hardware/keyboard issue without replacing the keyboard? I think my 2 years warranty just ran out last month but I might be able to appeal that if I need replacement parts considering what had been done to the laptop during previous RMAs...

Going through ASUS will cost.

You could lift the top off and check that ribbon cables are all connected properly and connector latches closed.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

navis995
Level 11
If you replaced the motherbord then the backlight stops working and you have to do a mod that I uploaded the guide to in order to fix it.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

navis995 wrote:
If you replaced the motherbord then the backlight stops working and you have to do a mod that I uploaded the guide to in order to fix it.

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503 had a systemboard replacement, now no backlight. It could be internal cable, but Looking for the uploaded guide to fix this issue mentioned in this post. Can someone point me to the solution?

navis995 wrote:

Hey

I have this exact issue after replacing my motherboard for my Asus ROG G752vsk, the backlights aren't working at all with any of the APK drivers I downloaded.
Could you please point me in the direction of how you created that mod for yours to fix it, or where you uploaded this Guide to.

Much Thanks!