cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory channel B non functional

Richard_Dower
Level 9
I have an Asus B450 E Gaming motherboard, all bios prior to Ryzen 3000 bios worked fine.

I had a Ryzen 2600 and a Ryzen 1200 working perfectly.
I am using the correct dimm slots, A2 and B2...I have checked many times the ram is seated properly.

I have tested each ram stick on it's own in all 4 dimm slots.
I am currently on the latest 2605 bios.

All bios settings set to factory default.
I have tried to sets of memory now, a 16GB and 32GB kits of G.Skill trident z rgb and a kit of corsair vengeance rgb pro.

No matter what...no matter the swapping dims around, my B channel is non functional.

B1 and B2 are not detecting the memory.

I have power to both B1 and B2...the rgb lights up, but the board will not post.

If I put the dimms in A1 and A2 the board boots and works as normal.

But using just the A channel I am running my PC in single channel mode.

If the B channel was fried the board would not work at all, the fact the B channel is powering the dimms but not posting....this must be a bios level problem....right ?

Can anyone help ?, is something disabled in bios that should not be ?

I have hwinfo dumps and I can make a YouTube video if Asus need it.
2 REPLIES 2

Richard_Dower
Level 9
Btw...in case anyone asks, I have used memtest on both kits. I ha e completed a 4 passes with 0 errors on both the G.Skill and Corsair memory kits.

The memory itself is fine, this is a board or bios level problem.
Personally I think it's pure bios, for example...I updated to the 2406 bios, I had a ryzen 2600 installed.

Memory worked perfectly, I swap out to the ryzen 3600...boom, right away, no post.

A2 and B2 dumms slots populated...no post, I test each stick in all four dimm slots, B channel non functional.

But A channel working fine...this MUST be a bios level problem.

Richard_Dower
Level 9
Another note...both memory kits have been validated for ryzen I paid extra to get the G.Skill GTZRX kit.

The Corsair kit is also validated by Corsair to work with ryzen 3000.