cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram cooler choose.

immortalgamer
Level 7
JUst order a ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard and some parts to make my dream gaming rig, been chooseing lights and Case fan coolers but one iam having trouble on.. Coolers for the ram like the Corsair Airflow Fan. moatherboard iam geting has 2 on each side of the CPU slot, would the Ram coolers like the Corsair Airflow Fan go on top of the ram? if so would the 2 ram slot on the left be in the way from the video card?
3 REPLIES 3

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
From my own previous curiousity I discovered Corsair had a nifty little cooling solution for their RAM and by the look of the product images (as the RAM comes with the cooling fan) it sits above the RAM and it seems you should have very little interferance from any CPU cooling you use, it looks like the little gold plates(that sit just above where the RAM sits inside the slots *might* be what hold it up. Though of course if someone knows better, please enlighten us, this is just what I can figure from images without the cooler sitting over the RAM or beside it. 🙂

http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-product-family/dominator/cmt12gx3m3a2000c9.html

here the ram that i have, CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R but the moarboard i have splits of on 2 each side, would the carsair cooler work with that? this kinda sucks, if so i have to spend like 100$ for 2 fans to cool my ram that i like to do. BUt i was just thinking, iam geting the carsair h100 cpu cooler, would i be able to hook fan to blow into the ram area?

Yes, The Ram cooler sits on top of the ram however it doesn't reallly cool it that well. (from my experience)