cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Fusion 700 USB Port Cuts Out With Head Movement

OMGDrAcula
Level 9
So I have had my 700 less than a year and it has developed an issue where if I move my head to quick the connection will drop and I lose audio. Sometimes it will comeback a few seconds later sometimes I have to unplug and replug the USB. I could just use bluetooth but the reason I got the headset was to be able to answer calls while gaming.

Is this a common issue? Looking at Amazon it seems like it. Any fixes anyone has done besides RMAing it?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

Shanester
Level 10
OMGDrAcula wrote:
So I have had my 700 less than a year and it has developed an issue where if I move my head to quick the connection will drop and I lose audio. Sometimes it will comeback a few seconds later sometimes I have to unplug and replug the USB. I could just use bluetooth but the reason I got the headset was to be able to answer calls while gaming.

Is this a common issue? Looking at Amazon it seems like it. Any fixes anyone has done besides RMAing it?

Thanks!

The problem is with the connection. Where the actual wire plugs into the headset. Mine did the exact same thing. Over time this connection "wears out" and becomes more and more loose. Similar to a laptop AC port becoming more and more loose over time. I really liked my 700 but after the second pair failed with the exact same issue I decided to try the Deltas. Check them out. They are the first headset from ASUS that I have had that doesn't have a hardware/software issue.

I have the same problem, my headset is only 4 months old (bought on 18th Jun 2019).
When plugged in with the USB cable the headphones keep disconnecting/reconnecting even with the slightest movement, this is so frustrating!

Would not be such a huge problem if the battery lasted, but I am not getting close to the "Up to 17 Hours" Battery life advertised.
I tested it last night,
I Charged it all night from +- midnight, then started at 08:45 am, It lasted until 11:15 am,
then that battery low alarm goes of so loudly that I almost get a hart attack, ignoring all volume control settings. I mean my headphone is on my head, no alarm necessary, no need to disturb my vibe, I was singing along, rather just indicate the battery level on screen in notifications or something less disturbing.

Basically I just get about 2 hour 30 min battery life. (this was just because It didn't charge properly because of the USB connector, see my next post)
Is anyone else having short battery life, this issue ?
This makes problem 1) so much worse.
Now I can't even plug it in and carry on working, I have to sit super still when it is plugged in, I am literally typing this without moving my head more than 1 cm (Perhaps good for my posture!)

The sound is great!, Love the Virtual Surround!,
But it is Disappointing ASUS, I wouldn't expect this from headphones in this price range.
come on I usually like your products !

I am on Skype work calls and listening to music all day & night while programming.
I really wanted a wireless headset that I can also plug in and carry on.

CrazyNightAnt wrote:
I have the same problem, my headset is only 4 months old (bought on 18th Jun 2019).
When plugged in with the USB cable the headphones keep disconnecting/reconnecting even with the slightest movement, this is so frustrating!

Would not be such a huge problem if the battery lasted, but I am not getting close to the "Up to 17 Hours" Battery life advertised.
I tested it last night,
I Charged it all night from +- midnight, then started at 08:45 am, It lasted until 11:15 am,
then that battery low alarm goes of so loudly that I almost get a hart attack, ignoring all volume control settings. I mean my headphone is on my head, no alarm necessary, no need to disturb my vibe, I was singing along, rather just indicate the battery level on screen in notifications or something less disturbing.

Basically I just get about 2 hour 30 min battery life.
Now I can't even plug it in and carry on working, I have to sit super still when it is plugged in, I am literally typing this without moving my head more than 1 cm (Perhaps good for my posture!)

But it is Disappointing ASUS, I wouldn't expect this from headphones in this price range.

I am on Skype work calls and listening to music all day & night while programming.

I loved my 700's too. But I could not get past the connectivity issues. I will say however my Delta is still going strong.

CrazyNightAnt wrote:

I tested it last night,

Basically I just get about 2 hour 30 min battery life.

I have done some further testing yesterday.
It seems the battery is fine,
2019-11-29 @ 07H06: Unplugged from USB and Started Listening (No Virtual Surround)
2019-11-29 @ 15H58: First Beep, battery flat.
So it lasted +- 9 hours constantly playing, which is acceptable for me.

I noticed that if I plug in my headphones and put it down sometimes the USB has the same connection problem and disconnects, then it doesn't charge at night as I expect it to.
So you really gotta watch out that you don't move your headphones if you want it to charge.

I also tried a spare USB cable with a much deeper/longer micro USB connector and it seems much better. So I suspect it is making better contact since it slides in deeper into the socket.
So anyone else having this problem, try get a cable that has a better deeper/longer connector.
see attached picture, the metal goes all the way into the socket. Also see the connector length difference between the USB cables.

Hello can you give me more information about the replacement usb cable in the picture please