cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL504GW] Bios version 305

Weizen
Level 7
GL504GW's bios version 305 has been released today. Do we know anything more than "Improve System Stability" written on the changelog?
10 REPLIES 10

gieffe22
Level 7
before you update do a cinebench r15 test on cpu, and then repeat it after bios update.

Is the only way to see if something has changed, over than fan curves or other minor things

I don't really know why and how, but my Windows Update automatically downloaded and installed this bios version. Never happened before. And it's kinda scary. I should be in charge of deciding whether or not to update.

gieffe22
Level 7
yes, windows update by a couple of month on some pc's update even bios... today my rog 704gw updated to 308. cinebench scores are the same, such as vbios version, so i really don't know waht they changed...

Pushing the BIOS update through Windows Update is scary, those who installed could you please confirm if the Manual mode in the Armoury Crate still works when you set the fans to 100% it actually runs at full speed or did they change it back to work the same as Turbo mode no matter what % you choose?

by the way, for those who want to avoid updating can actually do it using Microsoft's “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the update from here

SulimanAF wrote:
Pushing the BIOS update through Windows Update is scary, those who installed could you please confirm if the Manual mode in the Armoury Crate still works when you set the fans to 100% it actually runs at full speed or did they change it back to work the same as Turbo mode no matter what % you choose?

by the way, for those who want to avoid updating can actually do it using Microsoft's “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the update from here

yes, manual mode work as it should...

gieffe22 wrote:
yes, manual mode work as it should...

Thanks a lot, that's a relief : )

TX2000
Level 8
Well just turned in my computer and was greeted with a bios update 😕

Idk what is the changelog

TX2000 wrote:
Well just turned in my computer and was greeted with a bios update 😕

Idk what is the changelog

Let us know if you noticed anything different, thanks.

gieffe22
Level 7
anyway i played some games and a bit a heavy photoediting, temperatures and performance honestly feels the same, Cinebench have the same score, such as unigine heaven and benchmarks from some games...so i think is just bug fix or the usual fixes from intel