cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issues with SSD

Joshua_arin
Level 7
My motherboard is Strix b350f, I have installed my os on my M.2 SSD but my bios is not showing my SSD, Boot priority option on EZ mode in bios only showing my HDD and my disk drive but not my SSD and in the advanced mode of my bios boot oprion#1 is showing my HDD and boot option#2 is showing my disk drive, but it suppose to show my SSD...DO note that there are currently 2 HDD installed in my pc one is 1tb (7200rpm) other one is 2tb (5400rpm) however my os is still booting but sometimes I face blue screen and sometimes when os is updating I face a warning message in bios says "Please back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent and cause an unpredictable fail. Press F1 to run setup" when I press F1 it goes to bios menu then I press F10 without changing anything and my os boot just fine... When I face blue screen issue then it says "File:\Windows\System32\drivers\Storahci.sys error code: 0xc0000185" I have already reinstalled windows for this issue but facing this issue again but occasionally sometimes I can boot in my OS sometimes I can't...Please note that I have just updated the bios to the latest version haven't faced the issue yet but SSD is still unrecognized and boot time is higher than usual and pc is running slow though os is on my SSD...I have also checked my all the drive HDD and SSD with Crystal Disk Mark info nothing unusual there...Seems everything working fine there...If you know how to solve this issue please do let me know, I will be very glad if I can solve this issue without claiming the warranty process...Thanks in advance...

My Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: ROG Strix B350F
Ram: Gskill Trident Z 3200 MHz
SSD: HP EX900 M.2 250 GB PCIe NVMe
PSU: CM MWE 450w
GPU: ROG Strix RX 560 4 GB
10 REPLIES 10

Zka17
Level 16
OC'ing failure... - the blue screen

Not sure on the SSD issue though...*

Zka17 wrote:
OC'ing failure... - the blue screen

Not sure on the SSD issue though...*

It was working fine for months

Zka17
Level 16

Zka17 wrote:
Just found this, check it: https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-boot-configuration-data-error-code-0xc0000185-on-windows-10/

Already tried this method, But it doesn't work

Zka17
Level 16
Hm... I'm wondering what are the BIOS settings regarding the SSD?

Zka17 wrote:
Hm... I'm wondering what are the BIOS settings regarding the SSD?

Can you tell me what would be the idle bios setting for SSD? As I could not find any SSD option on my boot option or boot priority option in my bios menu...But still windows is booting from SSD I wonder how !!!

Zka17
Level 16
When you say that BIOS is not showing your SSD, are you checking the splash screen you posted in post #1? Or you actually went in BIOS/UEFI and cannot see there either?

BigJohnny
Level 13
HPs are hit or miss. Put a Samsung in that puppy.

BigJohnny wrote:
HPs are hit or miss. Put a Samsung in that puppy.

Samsung is too expensive in my region...