cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FIX] How to fix slow AURA animations

Alexandre_ma
Level 7
So I have been fighting the AURA software for a while and i found out why my animations got slower and slower as I increased devices. If only using the motherboard LEDs, the animations were smooth, but as I added the CPU block and a Aura Terminal, the animations began to stutter, alot.

After browsing the forums for a while, i found out many people where having these issues, many when adding the Aura Terminal, others when adding Aura monitors.

What i found out is that what causes this issue is Aura not knowing how many LEDs each addressable strip has and giving it massive default numbers. For my 6 LED cpu block it gave it 120 and for my Aura Terminal it gave it 360 LEDs.

How to fix the problem

• Open Aura Sync
  • Set the light mode to "Smart"
  • Go to Settings -> Port Setting -> LED Numbers
  • Configure each strip, monitor, terminal port or whatever you have to exactly how many LEDs it has connected in that port.

It might take some trial and error because most Aura products don't say how many LEDs they include.

The reason I recommend setting the lights to "Smart" is so that all LEDs are used. Using modes such as "Static" or "Breathing" will not help since they dont treat the LEDs as addressable and as such ignore the number of LEDs, thats one of the reasons why Breathing does not stutter.

For reference, these products have these numbers of LEDs:
Asus Thor: 5 LEDs
EK-FB x399 Asus Waterblock: 6 LEDs
Aura Terminal 30cm strip: 15 LEDs
Aura Terminal 60cm strip: 30 LEDs

By doing this, the animations become much smoother. The giant default LED numbers probably make Aura Sync do crazy calculations for the effects and end up pretty much breaking the software and animations.

Hope this helps somebody! 😮
10 REPLIES 10

Bahnoo
Level 7
Alexandre_ma wrote:
So I have been fighting the AURA software for a while and i found out why my animations got slower and slower as I increased devices. If only using the motherboard LEDs, the animations were smooth, but as I added the CPU block and a Aura Terminal, the animations began to stutter, alot.

After browsing the forums for a while, i found out many people where having these issues, many when adding the Aura Terminal, others when adding Aura monitors.

What i found out is that what causes this issue is Aura not knowing how many LEDs each addressable strip has and giving it massive default numbers. For my 6 LED cpu block it gave it 120 and for my Aura Terminal it gave it 360 LEDs.

How to fix the problem

• Open Aura Sync
  • Set the light mode to "Smart"
  • Go to Settings -> Port Setting -> LED Numbers
  • Configure each strip, monitor, terminal port or whatever you have to exactly how many LEDs it has connected in that port.

It might take some trial and error because most Aura products don't say how many LEDs they include.

The reason I recommend setting the lights to "Smart" is so that all LEDs are used. Using modes such as "Static" or "Breathing" will not help since they dont treat the LEDs as addressable and as such ignore the number of LEDs, thats one of the reasons why Breathing does not stutter.

For reference, these products have these numbers of LEDs:
Asus Thor: 5 LEDs
EK-FB x399 Asus Waterblock: 6 LEDs
Aura Terminal 30cm strip: 15 LEDs
Aura Terminal 60cm strip: 30 LEDs

By doing this, the animations become much smoother. The giant default LED numbers probably make Aura Sync do crazy calculations for the effects and end up pretty much breaking the software and animations.

Hope this helps somebody! 😮

What aura sync version are you running and where do u find the port settings??

Bahnoo wrote:
What aura sync version are you running and where do u find the port settings??

I was running aura 1.06.17 but i updated to 1.07.71. To update you really need to get Revo Uninstaller and enable "Show system components" in the options. After that, delete everything related to RGB, Aura and Hal. Also delete the "LightingService" folder as it may make your Aura not start if not deleted after removing the old version.

For the location of the settings, open Aura Sync and go here:

Hope this helps

Alexandre_ma wrote:
I was running aura 1.06.17 but i updated to 1.07.71. To update you really need to get Revo Uninstaller and enable "Show system components" in the options. After that, delete everything related to RGB, Aura and Hal. Also delete the "LightingService" folder as it may make your Aura not start if not deleted after removing the old version.

For the location of the settings, open Aura Sync and go here:

Hope this helps

went out and bought myself an aura terminal to attempt to fix the issue but to no avail it didnt fix it. I know the exact problem thanks to you but no idea how to fix it :s The problem is that aura must be recognizing the g skill rgb ram as much more led lights than they actually are because when i connect sync the ram with aura thats when all the effects get choppy/laggy but when i unsync them everything works phenomenal. Bought a 90$ aura terminal in hopes of fixing my issues but the aura plague has struck me again. If ANYONE has any idea how to adjust the led number that is recognized by the aura sync software for gskill dram through an xml file edit like last profile.xml or anything at all please help. 😞

Bahnoo wrote:
went out and bought myself an aura terminal to attempt to fix the issue but to no avail it didnt fix it. I know the exact problem thanks to you but no idea how to fix it :s The problem is that aura must be recognizing the g skill rgb ram as much more led lights than they actually are because when i connect sync the ram with aura thats when all the effects get choppy/laggy but when i unsync them everything works phenomenal. Bought a 90$ aura terminal in hopes of fixing my issues but the aura plague has struck me again. If ANYONE has any idea how to adjust the led number that is recognized by the aura sync software for gskill dram through an xml file edit like last profile.xml or anything at all please help. 😞

The aura terminal does show up on the settings page I just mentioned. Weird, I have gskill Z rgb and they are working fine, are you sure you are not missing any update to aura, motherboard bios and motherboard LED firmware?

Re
Level 10
I think. The port settings are only for the additional headers on Â*mainboard. Which mainboard do you have?Â* *
Aura Terminal is just a Extension for argb headers.

Re@per wrote:
I think. The port settings are only for the additional headers on Â*mainboard. Which mainboard do you have?Â* *
Aura Terminal is just a Extension for argb headers.

Asus z390-E

Re
Level 10
U have the lastest bios? The port settings has nothing todo with onboard argb devices. Post a picture of your Aura settings. Do you have Armoury Crate installed?

antony209494
Level 7
I have the same problem. From what I remember it didn't always used to be like this. When I first installed armoury crate the transitions were smooth and well synced. Now if I add anything other than Mobo lighting to Aura sync it stutters like crazy and looks very ugly. And this persist across many formats/OS reinstals I have done since then so it might have been an update that broke it.
I have mouse, keyboard, DRAM and VGA along with an RGB strip. All Aura compatible. Is this not something that can be fixed by a software update?

antony209494
Level 7
Bump

Any updates on this? With the new cool aura effects added lately its even more painful that I can't get smooth transitions/animations.