cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soundcard questions

CD7982
Level 7
so is the ASUS XONAR SE 5.1 Channel soundcard on amazon for like 40$
better than say like the onboard soundcard on my maximus x hero wifi?
5 REPLIES 5

Vlada011
Level 10
Maybe little better. If you want real improvement you should look 100$ and more...
That's 200-300% better sound quality then best onboard. Speakers worth 40-50-60$ are enough to gamer recognize huge difference between onboard sound card, 100$ worth sound card and 200$ sound card. On better speakers like Audioengine A2+, A5+ with sound card worth 200$ that's like totally different level of experience.
People usually not invest in that segment, but nice sound card is important. Premium sound card should follow high end GPU as 2080 2080Ti.
High end sound card and active PC speakers as Audioengine A2+ cost 400-450$% example and could be used 3 times longer at least then high end GPU worth 1000$.
Many years need to pass to become obsolete.

CD7982
Level 7
well I have ol thx logitch z550 have had them for years they still decent
using optical cable just recently on two games ive had issues where
a game will freeze an start buzzing gta v an bf v and on the display screen of the sound volume control it kicks it to a different settings.
or kicks it to where it says no digital data. I have had the speakers since 2019 it even could be the external sound controller?

I have latest mb soundcard drives from july they are updated

the higer end card I want doesn't have optical output which is how I use my speakers the ASUS Sound Card Essence STX II

I do have an old soundblaster around here somewhere that was like 150

Nate152
Hi CD7982

I'm using Version 6.0.1.8468 with the Maximus IX Code and a pair of Sennheiser HD650's and it's working great, unfortunately I'm not using digital.

I wonder if you installed version .8468 (for sonic studio 3) then installed .8666 to update the driver if that might help.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-WI-FI-AC/HelpDesk_Download/

CD7982
Level 7
hmm I did download the second one the other day not sure why I said july silly me I ment june.. I will try downloading the first one ?

Nate152
Yeah try the first one, you can try it out before updating to .8666.

It will install sonic radar 3, I uninstall it.