Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

I have the same CPU and mobo, and have 128GB of ram installed. I just plugged it in and it worked. My memory is different though, and listed in my specs. I checked your memory at the GSkill website and it is compatible with the CPU, so it should work.

I have had problems with memory, noob problems, like the sticks not being seated properly, but have never had problems because of using a few different kits in one machine. I know you can't rule that out, but when I encountered these problems I learned a few things.

First, have you tried using only a couple sticks, and has that worked? Have you tried other memory, if you have any that is compatible? Have you removed and reseated your sticks? Have you tested them two at a time? Has your rigged ever worked properly since you built it? Have you tried not adjusting any settings at all?

Maybe doing these things will get you some idea of what is going on. Good luck. Sorry if I did not read all of the above posts. Just my two cents.

Edit: Oh, fixes. Well then. Disregard the above then.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 09-23-2019 at 07:12 AM.

ROG Member Array

In this case it certainly appeared to be the mixing of kits, although that doesn't entirely rule out that subtimings for the 3600 set were the problem. Since I RMA'd two 3600 kits for one 3200 kit, kind of hard to say exactly what it was. As you mentioned, I have also never had an issue with mixing kits until this. It would be interesting to compare subtimings of identical 32/64/128 kits to see if there is actually a difference. Might be difficult to find though.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 128 GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

Yeah. Apparently mixing kits can cause problems if the batch was different due to slight material differences. Anyhow, it's nice to know GSkill helped you out. I recently unknowingly installed three kits of two GSkill sticks in an older rig. The computer initially didn't see two of the six sticks installed, and so I then madly hunted around for information, and learned that mixing kits of the same memory model has been problematic for some. In my case, it simply turned out I hadn't pushed all of the sticks all the way in, so the problem was easily solved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3