cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line In on Asus Prime X570 Pro has stopped working

shanafan
Level 7
Having an issue here. I have a ASUS Prime X570 Pro, and since I installed it last week, I was able to do my setup of running an audio cable from my TV to the Line In in the power of my PC, and hearing my TV through my computer.

I updated to 6.0.1.8666 and this method above stopped working. I tried and tested all settings, and it just doesn't work anymore. I don't hear anything.

I updated then to 6.0.8781.1, and same issue.

Think it's a driver issue? I have tried deleting, reinstalling, etc. without any luck. I checked for Windows Updates, but I am all up to date.

Could the Line In just go bad? I installed the motherboard brand new last week.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

MoKiChU
Level 40
shanafan wrote:
Having an issue here. I have a ASUS Prime X570 Pro, and since I installed it last week, I was able to do my setup of running an audio cable from my TV to the Line In in the power of my PC, and hearing my TV through my computer.

I updated to 6.0.1.8666 and this method above stopped working. I tried and tested all settings, and it just doesn't work anymore. I don't hear anything.

I updated then to 6.0.8781.1, and same issue.

Think it's a driver issue? I have tried deleting, reinstalling, etc. without any luck. I checked for Windows Updates, but I am all up to date.

Could the Line In just go bad? I installed the motherboard brand new last week.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you try use the built-in MS drivers by doing this :

1) Uninstall Realtek HD Audio Driver & Realtek Audio Control (Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
2) Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :

hdx | realtek

3) Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Package" button then restart your PC
4) Perform a cleanup of the registry (with CCleaner Free or others)
5) Restart your PC

shanafan
Level 7
Thanks for the response, but I decided it wasn't a driver issue since i tried 3 different releases.

Decided to RMA the board and a different model.