Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    x570 ASUS motherboard’s owners. What is your chipset temperatures?

    I want to buy ASUS ROG x570-e STRIX GAMING, but I saw many posts about asus x570 mb's haves hot PCH temperatures. I want to know - this problem is real? If you tell me your PCH temperatures (idle/load) , it will be very useful for me. Thank you for your attention.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array Raventlov PC Specs
    Raventlov PC Specs
    MotherboardVI HERO
    Processor4670K
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    Power Supplypro82+ 525awt
    OS Win 8.1 64bit

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by HJekyll View Post
    I want to buy ASUS ROG x570-e STRIX GAMING, but I saw many posts about asus x570 mb's haves hot PCH temperatures. I want to know - this problem is real? If you tell me your PCH temperatures (idle/load) , it will be very useful for me. Thank you for your attention.
    Hey!

    so i have just one NVMe drive, on slot 1 (so it's using the lanes from the CPU) and it's PCI-e 3.0
    Idle temp right now is 69.3 , during load about 74.
    I've tested moving the GPU to second slot and indeed temps get better but by just 2/3 degrees

    I do believe that the thermal pad used for the chipset is crap and using a better one will improve the situation but i don't want to disassemble everything now.

    Ambient temp is 32 degrees here (Celsius)

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Raventlov View Post
    Hey!

    so i have just one NVMe drive, on slot 1 (so it's using the lanes from the CPU) and it's PCI-e 3.0
    Idle temp right now is 69.3 , during load about 74.
    I've tested moving the GPU to second slot and indeed temps get better but by just 2/3 degrees

    I do believe that the thermal pad used for the chipset is crap and using a better one will improve the situation but i don't want to disassemble everything now.

    Ambient temp is 32 degrees here (Celsius)
    Thank you for your answer. What board do you use, x570-e?

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array Raventlov PC Specs
    Raventlov PC Specs
    MotherboardVI HERO
    Processor4670K
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    Power Supplypro82+ 525awt
    OS Win 8.1 64bit

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by HJekyll View Post
    Thank you for your answer. What board do you use, x570-e?
    Yhea...latest bios 1005

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Raventlov View Post
    Yhea...latest bios 1005
    This is MSI x570 MEG ACE and GODLIKE thermal systems, how do you think, it look better? As I know, MSI now haves better PCH temps.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 30_1_big.jpg  

    28_2_big.jpg  

    Last edited by HJekyll; 08-27-2019 at 08:28 PM.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array Raventlov PC Specs
    Raventlov PC Specs
    MotherboardVI HERO
    Processor4670K
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    Power Supplypro82+ 525awt
    OS Win 8.1 64bit

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by HJekyll View Post
    This is MSI x570 MEG ACE and GODLIKE thermal systems, how do you think, it look better? As I know, MSI now haves better PCH temps.
    Of course are better, there is an heatpipe! But at almost double the price...

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Raventlov View Post
    Of course are better, there is an heatpipe! But at almost double the price...
    In country where I live MSI MEG ACE price is the same like ASUS x570-e price. Only reason why I want to buy asus is the fan replaceble(if it die) -firstly it easy to demontion old and install new and secondly it is easier for it to find similar fan. MSI MEG ACE haves glued cap of radiator where located fan and I can't find similar fan for replace. Fan replaceable is important for me, because if it will die after 3 years it will become a big problem. I think about buy fanless x470 board, but prices is not so good. For example ASUS x570 TUF GAMING price is less and it haves better VRM and pcie 4.0 support, than x470 GIGABYTE AORUS GAMING 7 or x470 ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO.
    Last edited by HJekyll; 08-28-2019 at 01:03 PM.

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array Raventlov PC Specs
    Raventlov PC Specs
    MotherboardVI HERO
    Processor4670K
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    Power Supplypro82+ 525awt
    OS Win 8.1 64bit

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by HJekyll View Post
    In country where I live MSI MEG ACE price is the same like ASUS x570-e price. Only reason why I want to buy asus is the fan replaceble(if it die) -firstly it easy to demontion old and install new and secondly it is easier for it to find similar fan. MSI MEG ACE haves glued cap of radiator where located fan and I can't find similar fan for replace. Fan replaceable is important for me, because if it will die after 3 years it will become a big problem. I think about buy fanless x470 board, but prices is not so good. For example ASUS x570 TUF GAMING price is less and it haves better VRM and pcie 4.0 support, than x470 GIGABYTE AORUS GAMING 7 or x470 ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO.
    Ah i see! Well x570 TUF and Gigabyte Elite are really good choices price / performance.
    I was going to get a Crosshair VII but price was a mess (just 50 Euros short of the x570-e)

    Another option would be to get a MSI b450 board.

    As x570 board the Taichi from asrock is really well packed.

    Anyway temps of the chipset are really high in general, I've tested again moving the GPU on the second slot but really the difference minimal. And i have a very long Sapphire 390 Nitro+, that covers entirely the chipset fan.

    Removing the fan cover is not an option because the inside of the cover has some sort of air conduct that pushes the air trough the thick heat spreader and i bet it will get worse without it.

    Really have to find the courage to disassemble all the pc and change the thermal pad to see if it improves.

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Raventlov View Post
    Ah i see! Well x570 TUF and Gigabyte Elite are really good choices price / performance.
    I was going to get a Crosshair VII but price was a mess (just 50 Euros short of the x570-e)

    Another option would be to get a MSI b450 board.

    As x570 board the Taichi from asrock is really well packed.

    Anyway temps of the chipset are really high in general, I've tested again moving the GPU on the second slot but really the difference minimal. And i have a very long Sapphire 390 Nitro+, that covers entirely the chipset fan.

    Removing the fan cover is not an option because the inside of the cover has some sort of air conduct that pushes the air trough the thick heat spreader and i bet it will get worse without it.

    Really have to find the courage to disassemble all the pc and change the thermal pad to see if it improves.
    In my country x570-e and Crossahair is 100 euro difference.
    Thermal pad changing can help. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...mal_pad_on_my/

  10. #10
    ROG Enthusiast Array Raventlov PC Specs
    Raventlov PC Specs
    MotherboardVI HERO
    Processor4670K
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    Power Supplypro82+ 525awt
    OS Win 8.1 64bit

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by HJekyll View Post
    In my country x570-e and Crossahair is 100 euro difference.
    Thermal pad changing can help. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...mal_pad_on_my/
    Ahh nice! I completely missed this thread! Good to know.
    As i can see from his pictures the taichi is even better as cooling solution then the x570-e because the heatsink of the chipset is helped by the big plate that covers all the m2 slots too. It's more inconvenient when one have to add an m2 in another slot but i think it helps the temperatures.
    Anyway time to get this pad and do some work

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •