Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

hmm is the chipset temperature the pch / motherboard temperature cause if so i tend to find myself sitting at 35 degree's give or take a few... 1 gpu, 1 nvme SSD, 1 regular SSD and 1 2.5" SSHDD storage drive.

i do currently have my cooling in liquid cooling config (though blocks aren't installed yet/plumbed up) 3 120's at the height of the front panel connectors about 2cm from the board... but that couldn't make 40 degree's difference right o.O

on a X570 strix-E with a 3900x

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by anub1s21 View Post
    hmm is the chipset temperature the pch / motherboard temperature cause if so i tend to find myself sitting at 35 degree's give or take a few... 1 gpu, 1 nvme SSD, 1 regular SSD and 1 2.5" SSHDD storage drive.

i do currently have my cooling in liquid cooling config (though blocks aren't installed yet/plumbed up) 3 120's at the height of the front panel connectors about 2cm from the board... but that couldn't make 40 degree's difference right o.O

What application do you use for temps monitoring? Motherboard temp and PCH temp is different indicators. PCH is a component of chipset - it is southbridge.

ROG Enthusiast Array Raventlov PC Specs
    Raventlov PC Specs
    Motherboardx570-e
    Processor3700x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySuperNOVA 850 G2
    OS Win 10 64bit

PCH is the chipset, wow 30°C?! But you liquid cooled the chipset too?

New ROGer Array

oke re-installed ai suite 3 to see if that can tell me PCH temp... what are you guys using to read that?

the bios doesn't mention it, AIDA64 doesn't mention it, ryzen master tell's you the bare minimum of what you need to know (and powerdaw), and ai suite doesn't say.

google says aida64 but all that's detecting is motherboard, cpu, cpudiode, and gpu

ah got it through hwinfo 64, 60.5 degree's
    Last edited by anub1s21; 08-30-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Raventlov PC Specs
    Motherboardx570-e
    Processor3700x
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    OS Win 10 64bit

oke re-installed ai suite 3 to see if that can tell me PCH temp... what are you guys using to read that?

the bios doesn't mention it, AIDA64 doesn't mention it, ryzen master tell's you the bare minimum of what you need to know (and powerdaw), and ai suite doesn't say.

google says aida64 but all that's detecting is motherboard, cpu, cpudiode, and gpu

ah got it through hwinfo 64, 60.5 degree's
    Yhea HWinfo was the answer! well 60.5 degrees are what most of us sees (to be honest yours are better then mine because i see high 60). Check it during a game session too maybe?
    Anyway i got a ticket with asus because i was inquiring about the thickness of the thermal pad used for the chipset to change it.
    They told me that they can't provide this kind of information.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raventlov View Post
    Yhea HWinfo was the answer! well 60.5 degrees are what most of us sees (to be honest yours are better then mine because i see high 60). Check it during a game session too maybe?
    Anyway i got a ticket with asus because i was inquiring about the thickness of the thermal pad used for the chipset to change it.
    They told me that they can't provide this kind of information.
    ow yea support is very hush hush, when shopping for a new gpu i simply wanted a reference pcb design for waterblock compatibility, that would be classified information.....not asking for specifics here >.>

nvidia eventually started selling the cards in my country so i gave them my money, can't get more reference then that.

did some testing through battlefront 2 max71 degree's, idling it dropped to 59.8 as lowest
    Last edited by anub1s21; 08-30-2019 at 03:59 PM.

New ROGer Array

~60C idle, ~75-80C under load
    Ambient temp is ~24C
    X570 Strix-E

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Quote Originally Posted by Raventlov View Post
    Hey!

I've tested moving the GPU to second slot and indeed temps get better but by just 2/3 degrees
    Not sure if this will help the thread posters here, but a big factor in the temperatures you are going to get depends on the design of your video card. Be smart, and get your temperatures down with a good blower card, and some good fans that are well placed in a case that has good airflow. I have one of my computers with the side of the case actually off and I have a good clip-on fan set up (not some USB garbage fan either) to stream air towards the southbridge/northbridge areas, where the temperatures can get a little high.

New ROGer Array

Hi
    Did anyone change the thermal pad yet and how were the results especially on the Asus? And what brand and thickness did they use??
    I heared there is a little gap and normal thermal compound is not recommended?

Raventlov PC Specs
    Motherboardx570-e
    Processor3700x
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    OS Win 10 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Megamember1981 View Post
    Hi
    Did anyone change the thermal pad yet and how were the results especially on the Asus? And what brand and thickness did they use??
    I heared there is a little gap and normal thermal compound is not recommended?
    A guy on overclock.net forum "dlbsyst" changed the thermal pad on his Crosshair VIII Hero with an arctic 1mm thick.
    Check here:
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...70-fan-21.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast