cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570 ASUS motherboard’s owners. What is your chipset temperatures?

HJekyll
Level 7
I want to buy ASUS ROG x570-e STRIX GAMING, but I saw many posts about asus x570 mb's haves hot PCH temperatures. I want to know - this problem is real? If you tell me your PCH temperatures (idle/load) , it will be very useful for me. Thank you for your attention.
25 REPLIES 25

Raventlov
Level 7
HJekyll wrote:
I want to buy ASUS ROG x570-e STRIX GAMING, but I saw many posts about asus x570 mb's haves hot PCH temperatures. I want to know - this problem is real? If you tell me your PCH temperatures (idle/load) , it will be very useful for me. Thank you for your attention.

Hey!

so i have just one NVMe drive, on slot 1 (so it's using the lanes from the CPU) and it's PCI-e 3.0
Idle temp right now is 69.3 , during load about 74.
I've tested moving the GPU to second slot and indeed temps get better but by just 2/3 degrees

I do believe that the thermal pad used for the chipset is crap and using a better one will improve the situation but i don't want to disassemble everything now.

Ambient temp is 32 degrees here (Celsius)

Raventlov wrote:
Hey!

so i have just one NVMe drive, on slot 1 (so it's using the lanes from the CPU) and it's PCI-e 3.0
Idle temp right now is 69.3 , during load about 74.
I've tested moving the GPU to second slot and indeed temps get better but by just 2/3 degrees

I do believe that the thermal pad used for the chipset is crap and using a better one will improve the situation but i don't want to disassemble everything now.

Ambient temp is 32 degrees here (Celsius)

Thank you for your answer. What board do you use, x570-e?

HJekyll wrote:
Thank you for your answer. What board do you use, x570-e?

Yhea...latest bios 1005

Raventlov wrote:
Yhea...latest bios 1005

This is MSI x570 MEG ACE and GODLIKE thermal systems, how do you think, it look better? As I know, MSI now haves better PCH temps.

HJekyll wrote:
This is MSI x570 MEG ACE and GODLIKE thermal systems, how do you think, it look better? As I know, MSI now haves better PCH temps.

Of course are better, there is an heatpipe! But at almost double the price... 😄

Raventlov wrote:
Of course are better, there is an heatpipe! But at almost double the price... 😄

In country where I live MSI MEG ACE price is the same like ASUS x570-e price. Only reason why I want to buy asus is the fan replaceble(if it die) -firstly it easy to demontion old and install new and secondly it is easier for it to find similar fan. MSI MEG ACE haves glued cap of radiator where located fan and I can't find similar fan for replace. Fan replaceable is important for me, because if it will die after 3 years it will become a big problem. I think about buy fanless x470 board, but prices is not so good. For example ASUS x570 TUF GAMING price is less and it haves better VRM and pcie 4.0 support, than x470 GIGABYTE AORUS GAMING 7 or x470 ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO.

HJekyll wrote:
In country where I live MSI MEG ACE price is the same like ASUS x570-e price. Only reason why I want to buy asus is the fan replaceble(if it die) -firstly it easy to demontion old and install new and secondly it is easier for it to find similar fan. MSI MEG ACE haves glued cap of radiator where located fan and I can't find similar fan for replace. Fan replaceable is important for me, because if it will die after 3 years it will become a big problem. I think about buy fanless x470 board, but prices is not so good. For example ASUS x570 TUF GAMING price is less and it haves better VRM and pcie 4.0 support, than x470 GIGABYTE AORUS GAMING 7 or x470 ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO.

Ah i see! Well x570 TUF and Gigabyte Elite are really good choices price / performance.
I was going to get a Crosshair VII but price was a mess (just 50 Euros short of the x570-e)

Another option would be to get a MSI b450 board.

As x570 board the Taichi from asrock is really well packed.

Anyway temps of the chipset are really high in general, I've tested again moving the GPU on the second slot but really the difference minimal. And i have a very long Sapphire 390 Nitro+, that covers entirely the chipset fan.

Removing the fan cover is not an option because the inside of the cover has some sort of air conduct that pushes the air trough the thick heat spreader and i bet it will get worse without it.

Really have to find the courage to disassemble all the pc and change the thermal pad to see if it improves.

Raventlov wrote:
Ah i see! Well x570 TUF and Gigabyte Elite are really good choices price / performance.
I was going to get a Crosshair VII but price was a mess (just 50 Euros short of the x570-e)

Another option would be to get a MSI b450 board.

As x570 board the Taichi from asrock is really well packed.

Anyway temps of the chipset are really high in general, I've tested again moving the GPU on the second slot but really the difference minimal. And i have a very long Sapphire 390 Nitro+, that covers entirely the chipset fan.

Removing the fan cover is not an option because the inside of the cover has some sort of air conduct that pushes the air trough the thick heat spreader and i bet it will get worse without it.

Really have to find the courage to disassemble all the pc and change the thermal pad to see if it improves.

In my country x570-e and Crossahair is 100 euro difference. 😄
Thermal pad changing can help. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cqf727/i_have_exchanged_the_stock_thermal_pad_on_my/

HJekyll wrote:
In my country x570-e and Crossahair is 100 euro difference. 😄
Thermal pad changing can help. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cqf727/i_have_exchanged_the_stock_thermal_pad_on_my/

Ahh nice! I completely missed this thread! Good to know.
As i can see from his pictures the taichi is even better as cooling solution then the x570-e because the heatsink of the chipset is helped by the big plate that covers all the m2 slots too. It's more inconvenient when one have to add an m2 in another slot but i think it helps the temperatures.
Anyway time to get this pad and do some work 😄