Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

X570 motherboard chipset fan speed adjustment

I've ordered X570 Prime Pro board but I become a bit hesitant about that as I didn't see any chipset fan speed control on that board. I noticed that ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and Pro WS X570-ACE boards got that function on latest bios update. Anyone know if similar function will come to other X570 boards like Prime Pro?

ROG Enthusiast Array Raventlov PC Specs
    Raventlov PC Specs
    Motherboardx570-e
    Processor3700x
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE
    CaseEnthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySuperNOVA 850 G2
    OS Win 10 64bit

At the moment, on my x570-e board the fan speed control for the chipset fan is not present. Maybe in a future bios update because as i analyzed the bios file trough AMIBCP the voice is present but hidden.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCH.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	81628

Anyway i don't mind the fan at all, i'm more concerned about the temperature. Maybe during the week-end i'll disassembly the chipset heatsink and change the thermal pad with a better one.

ROG Member Array

Good find. Hopefully the fan control will become available soon.

New ROGer Array

whenever i check my pch temp in bios it's 35 degree's and checking in windows (through aida, assuming motherboard temp = chipset temp, i did also read it out before via ai suite which also said 35 ish degree's but i'd rather not install it again as it can be pesky to get rid off (formated windows to start over).

temp wise i would like some fan controll, my experience so far has been on 0710 37 degree's chipset temp fan spinning at 1800-2200 RPM, now on 1005 it's sitting at 34 degree's and it's spinning at 2k-2.4k... if summer passes and it drops to sub 30 degree's and spins at 3k i'm contacting support damnit

only thing that might be effecting my pch temp (though i find 40 degree's difference with what most people are seeing od and slightly unbelieveable) but i have 3 120 fans at the bottom of my case (about 2cm away from the board blasting air towards the chipset fan/gpu

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by loccc View Post
    hopefully the fan control will become available soon.
    bring the fan control!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by timitys View Post
    bring the fan control!
    Still not here in 2020. It's ridiculous. And the fan noise is annoying af.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just bought Strix X570-I and my chipset temps to go 67 while idle and my chipset fan is at 5000RPM. How can I fix this? Is there some heat pads missing? Have you fixed this issue by yourself? The fan is silent when the pc is cold, and the chipset fan is at 1000rpm.

New ROGer Array

Removing the plastic shroud that's above the fan helped me a little bit. The temps are the same, but somehow the fans are not spinning as high as before. Still, the fan stays around 2500 rpm in idle (65 - 67°C) (with GPU fans off) and is pretty audible.

As a test, I unplugged the fan today. Temps go up to 78°C in Idle with the plastic shroud removed. Note that my GPU is right in front of it and the GPU fans stop below 55°C. When I'm playing games my GPU tops out at 60°C, so the fans actually cool the Chipset down to like 72°C.
    I really feel like a proper passive heatsink with some actual surface area (not what we have now..) would have done absolutely fine. Considering that the current "heatsink" is just a flat piece of metal the temps aren't that bad without the fan.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by junkz25 View Post
    I really feel like a proper passive heatsink with some actual surface area (not what we have now..) would have done absolutely fine. Considering that the current "heatsink" is just a flat piece of metal the temps aren't that bad without the fan.
    If you end up taking the heatsink off you will also notice. The chipset has its own substrate and like when cpu die mounted to the laptop board. Operational temps are fine to around 90, 90-95 needs attention and 102/105 will cause throttling or shutdown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X570 Chipset.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	83819
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos maxresdefault.jpg  

Last edited by RedSector73; 01-16-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Rockford
    chip
    micro BGA
    carrier
    BGA
    motherboard PCB

quote >Operational temps are fine to around 90, 90-95 needs attention and 102/105 will cause throttling or shutdown
    operational is a loose word, idle, peak or constant
    90c-95c seem off the wall to begin with, only a 10c headroom before the safety features kicks in
    living in Australia could be problematic in the summer with these motherboards
    joke aside, operational temperatures at around 100c is not OK
    Last edited by Rockford; 01-16-2020 at 02:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast