cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus maximus XI Formula

ZhaTniX
Level 7
Can anyone send me a screenshot about their boot settings??

spec
SSD - 970 evo plus 1tb
Asus strix 1080 ti 11GB OC edition
Asus Maximus XI formula
Windows 10 pro

the mark of the Black color is the selected one

Boot:

Secure Boot State: Disabled/Enabled
” this section is grey and i cant change it too Disabled”.

OS Type: Windows UEFI mode/Other OS

CSM:

Launch CSM: Enabled/Disabled

* I do not understand SECURE boot or CSM – besides that I wanted UEFI Windows installed.

what is the defeault settings here?
5 REPLIES 5

ZhaTniX
Level 7
i need a screenshot of all this section! BOOT section

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
For these, you need, in my opinion.
CSM: disable
OS TYPE: Windows UEFI
The keys delete. DO NOT INSTALL.

Once that is done. The NVME support OFF If you use the samsung driver. And on when you use any NVME that does not use drivers to operate. Now there is not much diference having the samung driver install. And by defult samsung NVME support secure erase.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

einsindrei
Level 10
Load the Default Settings in BIOS 😉 It's the easiest way

ZhaTniX
Level 7
the default settings are

Boot:

CSM:

* I do not understand SECURE boot or CSM – besides that I wanted UEFI Windows installed.

so tell me is it right? or any changes? i dont know the standard of it when it comes to installing UEFI windows 10 from USB-port

ZhaTniX wrote:
the default settings are

Boot:

CSM:

so tell me is it right? or any changes? i dont know the standard of it when it comes to installing UEFI windows 10 from USB-port

On all my builds I use
CSM: DISABLE
OS TYPE: Windows UEFI mode

Secure Boot you can leave it.

If you use samsung drivers for a NVME there is a AMI NVME SUPPORT. Once the a samung driver or any nvme that use drivers, install the the driver and then on reboot enter the bios and disable the support for it.

these make changes. First one, as soon the you restart the computer the ASUS logo and letter changes. more polish and clear. Works better on windows apps. since the windows is 100% UEFI. These as to be apply also when using RYZEN. (my opinion) and there are documentations regarding these. sine AMD now control the drivers 100% with last bios for all board. if you add the last driver it direct to AMD presentation confirming these. AMD WILL CONTROL everything.
Learn, Play Enjoy!