cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The EZ Plug Alternative

Retired
Not applicable
Basic on the location of EZ Plug, it is not easy to do the cable management around the back of the motherboard.

So I am looking for the alternatives.

My first question is that,
Since the EZ Plug is using a 4-pini Molex peripheral connector.
The connector is using following lay out

Yellow +12V
Black Ground
Black Ground
Red +5V

Are all 4 pins used on this mother board? Or only +12V and Ground are used?

Second question
I think most likely, only +12V and Ground are used in this molex connector.
And my PSU has two CPU +12V2 DC connector, one is 8 pin, another one is 4 pin.
This motherboard took the 8-pin one, so I got this 4-pin +12V left.
I am think about making a convertion cable convert this +12V2 DC 4-pin to molex peripheral.
How do you think?
4 REPLIES 4

martin_metal_88
Level 8
I am not sure to totally understand what you mean? You want to use a ESP 12V ( CPU 4 pin ) and make it as a molex 4 pin to connect the plug jsut over the PCI-e?
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
That what i meant, not for PCI-e, it is for EZ Plug

martin_metal_88
Level 8
I know what is easy plug. The question is why do you want to plug it? The main use of it is to provide more power to the PCI-e if you are running multiple card setup. And, if you are not running issue without it connected, just don't connect it since it will be useless. According to spec you could make your own molex out of a 12V connector. But I never tryed it myself so I can't say if it would work.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
I am running it whith multiple card, So I want to plug it.