cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you RMA a motherboard because of broken BIOS ?

Richard_Dower
Level 9
I've documented my issue with Asus bios on video, but is that reason enough for Asus to issue an RMA ticket?

I'm not sure or what an RMA would accomplish, outside of them giving me a X570 board, which I doubt they will do.

Sending in my B450 E for another B450 E seems pointless...and they sure as hell wont give you a refund.

So...is it pointless to RMA?....just lesson learned and never buy an Asus product again ?
3 REPLIES 3

andyliu
Level 9
it sounds more a hardware issue than a BIOS issue, unless there were other working version of BIOS.
it will be reason enough if you have gone thru all troubleshooting steps.
just be sure to add the links to the post and inform them all the troubleshooting step you have gone thru.
that way you can speed things up.
so RMA will get you a working motherboard at least. and you can sell them if you decide to go for other motherboard.

lemon happens,
the first 1700x i picked up, had **** memory controller that it wont go beyond 3000Mhz, swap and easy 3200Mhz
or just like the 2700x that I had just swap out was crap, way below avg performance.

totally understand the frustration that you have, just make sure you explain the issue and ask them nicely.
as long as it's under warranty, they should replace it for you.

Richard_Dower
Level 9
It's not broken hardware:

https://youtu.be/DZzMddQt8OI

I have Ryzen 3700x, B450-E and Trident Z 3200 MHz CL16 (2x8) and it has worked perfectly for me on 2704, 2605 and 2501 BIOSes. No issues, even got managed to OC CPU to 4.2 GHz at 1.1875 V and RAM to 3600 MHz CL16.

I run my RAM sticks on A2 and B2 slots. Our configs are pretty close to one to another.