Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    Hi, yes i was looking out for some other options, the thing is that, i only saw in the compatibility memory list, the board supports 16GB on Corsair; and i've been reading it's very picky on that side and need to buy no other than from that list.
    And please, please.. read my questions above, those are my doubts about this rig.

so.. what do i do?
    Hi, Tenshi..
    I have almost the same setup, if you are looking for good ram you can't go wrong with Corsair Dominator 1866 2X4 Gig Set, Also comes with the Cooling fans for on top.. Low voltage and great timing. If you need the 16 gig setup then buy 2 sets, I use photoshop, cad, and play several games Bf3, Dirt 3, Call of duty 4, and I only use 8gig of ram, never had a issue, I would try a bigger hard drive though, maybe a western digital 1 Tb black editon. solid drive.
    Hope this helps. not sure if you have already baught all your parts yet.

Fx-8150, 4.5GHz, 1.34v. H70 Cooling, Corsair Dom 2 X 4Gig 1866MHz 9-10-9-27-2T-1.5V, Crosshair V, Hx850 PSU, XFX B.E. 7970 DD, 3 X 23 Led's, 2 X 1Tb Blacks, 2 X 2Tb Greens, 5Tb NAS Cloud, Logitech Mx Mouse, Logitech 7.1 surround,
    Life is what you make it.

ROG Enthusiast Array Tenshi PC Specs
    Tenshi PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    ProcessorAMD FX 8150 3.61ghz
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB(4x4)
    Graphics Card #1PNY XLR8 Geforce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5
    MonitorSamsung Syncmaster 23" S23B370
    Storage #1Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    CPU CoolerCorsair Air Series A50 CAFA50
    CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T White
    Power SupplyCorsair Pro Series Gold AX850 80 PLUS Gold
    OS Win7 64bits

Hello Guys again. I'm back with a few questions.

I cleaned my Cpu once again, applied thermal paste(artic mx-4) and i've been testing my pc, is doing good until i began to recieve some Warning messages that are freaking me out, i don't know why now it's putting those messages, the first time i installed the CPU doesnt give me those troubles. Like always i use the "drop" in center method to apply thermal paste, and the cooler do the rest. Then the UEFi gave me a message "New CPU installed,... " yes or no. And i applied all default settings, i just change the Fan Cooler from Disabled to Silent. Nothing more.

After that i began seeing videos on internet and saw a increment on temperature, which is weird, from 44 to 49. And then all those messages. Why is that? How can i fix it? And now i don't see the MemoryRam installed but in my "system" i see 16gb Installed. :S
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos test01_fanexpert.png  

test01_fanexpert2.png  

Tenshi PC Specs
    OS Win7 64bits

Update: I turn off everything, and took away the Dimms, and put it on again. Now i don't get that problem, but my main problem now is the CPU.

Before this i could play BF3, without any trouble, but now i don't know what happen, but i get 60C dregrees when i open the game, in no more than 2 minutes of gaming and it tops the 60c, 61 is the max recommended for the Fx-8150, right? I re-applied new thermal paste, drop in the center the cooler do the rest, etc. =/ but i get almost the same temps.
    Yes i know i need a better fan cooler for the CPU and the case(soon pictures), but as i said before i didn't have this troubles. Do i need to do anything more? Voltage? or something.. so many options and maybe some of them are wrong. Dont know, help me guys.

So i can't play anygame no more, i don't wanna know when i need to do 3d renders... )=

At the future i plan to buy a corsair h80. That would help a lot right?

how mutch paste do you put on?
    what ive been told to do is put a lill in the center of the cpu.
    Last edited by kkn; 08-11-2012 at 11:10 AM.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Tenshi ... download and run SpeedFan ... and see what your 'real' temps are ..

(artic silver white -- put on a bead and spread it evenly in both directions with a bus.card.).c.

Tenshi PC Specs
    OS Win7 64bits

Exclamation Corsair A50 on Crosshair Formula V + Corsair 4x4 Vengeance

So here we go again...

Hi guys, what's up! Well, let me introduce my rig, i know it's a little messy inside and i Tried to "hide" some cables, but not every is possible; sorry for my english, too. I know that my case is not well ventilated from the right side. I'm sorry for the bad cellphone quality, too.

My rig:

-Case Sentey Arvina GS-6400
    -AMD FX-8150
    -Crosshair Formula V
    -4x4gb Corsair Vengeance
    -Pny geforce 470gtx + Gelid Icy vision rev2
    -Samsung 500gb + barracuda 160gb

Pics

My Temps

I have few questions, but the FIRST one, is... CPU Cooler.

A few days ago i bought a Corsair A50, without investigating much(my bad -_-), i just read a few reviews and every one said it work good with amd motherboard. I didn't have a lot of money, so i though it was a well investment; but yesterday when i tried to put the cooler, oops, the 1st and 2nd Corsair Vengeance slot interfere with the fan and the cooler itself, so i was like then and then.. i was to disappointed that my money was.. well know..

So i think possible and crazy solutions...

a) change 2 memory sticks for low profile ram.
    b) take away the 2 heatsinks of the 1st/2nd vengeance, order low profile heatsinks and paste again those on the vengeance, so the height don't bother me...
    c) buy 4x4gb low profile corsair memories )= without those heatsinks
    d) sell the corsair a50, look out for more money and buy a water cooler solution...(-_- i dont have money now!)
    e) make a special metal bracket to change the "intel way" direction of the A50 on my formula v.

Yes, i know.. those are crazy and stupid ideas... but i just want to know, if someone else tried this setup before, i Need help, i'm desperate... my money is on that gigantic sh... i can't use )= or I can?

I contact Myk SilentShadow, who i saw had almost the same setup; he has G.Skill with heatsinks kinda equal to Vengeance... but i really don't know how to use the cooler. Amd has different design than Intel, so...
    Horizontal or Vertical? )=

Corsair PDF about AMD installation
    http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/...ation_-AMD.pdf
    Video from youtube..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vatz9O089rQ

Here some pics of my version, look that the 2nd slot interfere a lot, imagine the 1st one, it's impossible...

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Hey mate, sorry for the huge delay in reply.

1st. I thought your RAM was the same height as mine - it's not unfortunately. Your best bet, would be to either remove the heatsinks from the first 2 modules(only if the circulation is good in your case and you're not overclocking) or you can see if you can return the RAM and get lower profile RAM. The heatsinks on my GSkill pretty much just wrap around the RAM so they don't stick up.

2nd. In the bottom picture of the post above mine, you have the cooler setup sitting correctly. Now all you need to do is use the big "D" looking piece of metal with the two bits hanging off either side. It needs to sit upside down, so the curve sits inside the groove between the fans and the pipes. When you fasten the latch in place...you must be very careful and gentle when you lock it down, otherwise you *could* potentially crack the CPU. I know, I did it years ago with one of my PC's...luckily the techs I took my rig to figure out why it wasn't working figured the motherboard killed the CPU...so I got a free replacement

Btw I hate with a complete disdain the "D" Latch method of clipping down the Cooler...AMD reaaaaaally needs to come up with a better mechanism. Every time I work on an AMD system and have to lock down the CPU Cooler I nearly $h1t my pants in fear that i'm gonna damage the CPU.
    Last edited by Myk SilentShadow; 10-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Tenshi PC Specs
    OS Win7 64bits

[QUOTE=Myk SilentShadow;166172]Hey mate, sorry for the huge delay in reply.

Don't worry for replying late.

Your best bet, would be to either remove the heatsinks from the first 2 modules(only if the circulation is good in your case and you're not overclocking) or you can see if you can return the RAM and get lower profile RAM.
    Returning is something i think i can't do, i'll try but i think the time from returning it's over; but if i could(miracle), would this low profile 4x4gb modules would work with the Crosshair Formula V? And btw i don't overclock anything so..
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengea...cmu_pg__header

The second choice i think would be the only thing i can do now; but that gave me more questions, hope you or someone can help me here.

1) If i a remove gently the heatsinks from the modules nothing will happen right?
    2) There is any brand in the market that sell Ram Heatsinks?
    3) I was looking around ebay for heatsinks, i found many with brands unknown, in two materials: Aluminum and Copper. So what do you think would be the wise choice to buy? What material is better for my ram safety?

..you must be very careful and gentle when you lock it down, otherwise you *could* potentially crack the CPU. I know, I did it years ago with one of my PC's...luckily the techs I took my rig to figure out why it wasn't working figured the motherboard killed the CPU...so I got a free replacement
    haha, thanks for the advice, but xD now i'm scared. Really i could damaged my cpu? O_O , i always try to do it gently but for example the default stock cooler well it's kinda hard to install at first; but this A50 seems a little more easy, it is?.. when you use the "D" bracket? (which i hate too! Why in the...h... corsair didn't come out with a better solution)

---
    I have a few more questions, i plan to renew my default case fans and trying to maintain the aesthetics(blue leds) , because i think those aren't helping me with the airflow, maybe the ones that came has low RPM, because i don't feel to much aire at the back, front, etc. The ones that came are:
    2 80mm
    1 120mm (back)
    2 120mm (top)
    1 140mm (front)

Could someone recommend me the best brand out there for fans with good quality/low noise/airflow., and blue leds, too haha. 1200 rpm, 1600, 2000rpm?

Thanks!

Disclaimer: I have no experience in this field.
    Removing heatsinks may be possible, if you are careful.
    Copper is a better heat conductor, so that is likely the better choice.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Yes mate, those modules will fit perfectly if you are unable to return the ones you currently have. And I would have to agree with Zygomorphic, Copper is a better conductor of heat. You can't blame Corsair for the D Latch locking mechanism, it's AMD entirely since they are the ones who create the sockets and the system used to lock the fans into place, P.I.T.A I know. And yeah, maybe I shouldn't have told you about the possibility of damaging the CPU, but since I learnt it the hard way first hand, I figured it would be only right to tell you one possibility. When you lock it down, just take your time and try not to get too carried away with it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast