Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array Xpoint PC Specs
    Xpoint PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
    Processori9-9900K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z @3200 Mhz (2x8 GB)
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 Ti Strix OC
    Sound CardSchiit Modi
    MonitorAsus MG 278Q using G-Sync compatibility
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1 TB
    Storage #2WD Black 4 TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X72
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 750
    Keyboard Fnatic Gear Rush G1 (formerly known as Func KB 470)
    Mouse Logitech G305
    Headset ModHouse Argon MK3
    Mouse Pad Corsair extended
    Headset/Speakers Swan M300
    OS Win 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterFritz!Box 7362 SL
    Accessory #1 Emotiva BasX A-100 headphone amp

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Question Is there an AURA archive?

    Hello everyone,

    I am having issues with recent AURA versons. It crashes at startup with an "AURA stopped working"-ish error.
    I found a download of version 1.06.17 here which works.
    Now I wanted to nail down the exact version my issue started appearing in order to help debugging but I was not able to find downloads for any other versions.
    Version 1.06.17 is the last known working version for me and 1.07.60 is the first not working.

    If there is an archive I missed or someone could upload their version in between them I would like to try those to nail it down in order to help debugging.

    Many thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,685

    Delete the LastProfile in Local C. Program Files X86 Lighting Service.

    Then Open Services and restart the Light Service and restart the computer

    DO NOT USE CCLEANERS if you all ready did then you need to format the pc.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-30 152954.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	81666
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-30 153056.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	81667
    Last edited by MrAgapiGC; 08-30-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array Xpoint PC Specs
    Xpoint PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
    Processori9-9900K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z @3200 Mhz (2x8 GB)
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 Ti Strix OC
    Sound CardSchiit Modi
    MonitorAsus MG 278Q using G-Sync compatibility
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1 TB
    Storage #2WD Black 4 TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X72
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout TG
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 750
    Keyboard Fnatic Gear Rush G1 (formerly known as Func KB 470)
    Mouse Logitech G305
    Headset ModHouse Argon MK3
    Mouse Pad Corsair extended
    Headset/Speakers Swan M300
    OS Win 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterFritz!Box 7362 SL
    Accessory #1 Emotiva BasX A-100 headphone amp

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Wink Holy moly, thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    Delete the LastProfile in Local C. Program Files X86 Lighting Service.

    Then Open Services and restart the Light Service and restart the computer

    DO NOT USE CCLEANERS if you all ready did then you need to format the pc.
    Wow. I am speechless right now.

    I was about to write to you that that your steps do not make any sense and that won't work but I went ahead and tried it and holy sh*t, it works.

    But I don't get how that is possible. Would you mind explaining it to me?
    When changing versions I always deleted this LightingService folder, so this LastProfile.xml file would not be there when installing any version. So why does it work when this file is removed while it is already installed?
    The only way I could explain that to me is that the installer creates a broken LastProfile file because some dependancy isn't set up yet. After the first run of AURA this dependency is created so after deleting the broken file it creates a new sane one because the dependency is met now.

    In any case, to restart the service should not be necessary since the reboot will restart the process anyway. Or am I seeing this wrong.

    Anyway, thak you very much for sharing this solution!
    I guess that is the standard procedure after every update now. Do the devs at asus know about that?
    Last edited by Xpoint; 08-30-2019 at 09:39 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array Elkmar PC Specs
    Elkmar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero IX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2080 OC edition
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorEizo FORIS FS2333
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB+970 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2WDC WD1000DHTZ
    CPU CoolerAlphacool Eisbaer 240
    CaseAsus ROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyCooler Master V750
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
    Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
    Headset Sennheiser PC323D GAME
    Mouse Pad Razer Firefly Cloth Edition
    Headset/Speakers Creative Sound BlasterX Katana
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 ROG Aura Terminal
    Elkmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    26

    MrAgapiGC, maybe will you stop to spread disinformation about cleaner programs?! CCleaner doesn't corrupt the system, if you understand what you do, you don't need to format pc after the properly cleaning.

    Corrupted last profile file is not the only one problem of aura. Another, and main, problem is junk from previous installation: uninstall program does not remove all HAL components. So you get conflicts between main aura service and HALs. So properly update procedure is here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...558#post778558

    If you use other asus utilities check that only one version atkexComSvc.exe is in the Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\4.00.38 folder. See this topic for more information about: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-10-x64-v-1903

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,685

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpoint View Post
    Wow. I am speechless right now.

    I was about to write to you that that your steps do not make any sense and that won't work but I went ahead and tried it and holy sh*t, it works.

    But I don't get how that is possible. Would you mind explaining it to me?
    When changing versions I always deleted this LightingService folder, so this LastProfile.xml file would not be there when installing any version. So why does it work when this file is removed while it is already installed?
    The only way I could explain that to me is that the installer creates a broken LastProfile file because some dependancy isn't set up yet. After the first run of AURA this dependency is created so after deleting the broken file it creates a new sane one because the dependency is met now.

    In any case, to restart the service should not be necessary since the reboot will restart the process anyway. Or am I seeing this wrong.

    Anyway, thak you very much for sharing this solution!
    I guess that is the standard procedure after every update now. Do the devs at asus know about that?
    That is fantastic that the fix we came up workd for you. Please note that these fix, is a fix. Aura is NOT software is hardware since there is a chip called aura on our boards. The XML file reprogram the chip. Now, take notes. IS A FIX. I still need to check the why, and I have being working and helping with HQ DEV on that area since these need to be fix as fast is posible. There is issues, YES. example errors on the GPU drivers afect. installing gpu drivers afect. windows updates afect and working with ccleanners or revor aplicancion do change more that is needed.

    On many MANY test I have found out the is more problems than fixes. YEs do work. but is not needed anymore UNLESS there are more damage on the registry . Untill now and these is MY PERSONAL observation. I have working without it. and fixes can not apply and have these these more that i can count.

    Is fix not a solution but WORKS!!!!!!!!!.

    I have welp many, other errors i have send these since are situation that the fix escape. Note that some error will appear since there are more XML files that i can count but the idea is to unite all light apps in 1 since for now every asus programs have aura. Now since the intro of z390 and x570 (still on works) Armory Crate will handle the light department. Soon more plugings will arrive and for now Armory Crate and ROG Armory can coexist but trying to make unite has workd with huge errors and that escape my experience. But do work. but will not mix each other and can have boards and accessories from one side and peripheral on the oter side.

    I hope windows and asus can work together to make these a permanent fix. I say bye to aura app since feb. and i am not going back. is basic. but do work
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,685

    Quote Originally Posted by Elkmar View Post
    MrAgapiGC, maybe will you stop to spread disinformation about cleaner programs?! CCleaner doesn't corrupt the system, if you understand what you do, you don't need to format pc after the properly cleaning.

    Corrupted last profile file is not the only one problem of aura. Another, and main, problem is junk from previous installation: uninstall program does not remove all HAL components. So you get conflicts between main aura service and HALs. So properly update procedure is here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...558#post778558

    If you use other asus utilities check that only one version atkexComSvc.exe is in the Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\4.00.38 folder. See this topic for more information about: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-10-x64-v-1903
    I agree with you. and I am sorry. Windows 10 has it perks. Do note that if you install ccleaner on clean isntall will work better. For me has being a pain using and trying to work with it.

    Hall components is 1. We did find another problem that is windows related. lightservice version 0.0.0.0 these still unknow why. Test as come that for a odd reason windows make these. a ticket was send both MS and ASUS and still checking the why. atkexComSvc is the app that is in change of talking to the board chipset and OS. and HALL the main SDK in charge on talking to eak device. Both apps works together. using ccleaners mess these up. no idea why. Tested.

    There is a issue with nvidia. these can be ID with you install new drivers. lights will work odd since there is a plugin with games lighs. as soon you apply a regsitry clean, or fix if you may, return to what is looks as a regsitry from begining. or the one that was on clean install. Every app you install on you computer make changes on lines. in order to make changes. App in windows still use share code in order to work. Do work yes. but 90 % do not know how to use it.

    back on 1903 windows do make changes on uninstall. and apps do play well. Since Feb upgrading apps, like asus apps has work. Tested have being updating apps with any issues. But there is a catch. Disable index. as a recommendation.

    I want to say sorry if my claims and words. But cleaners are not needed anymore. THese comes from people more savy than me in windows 10 and has being tested over and over and over. I apologize. and thanks for the notes. IF these goes well asus boards will make Armory crate the central hub for all and all apps will be there, audio, keyboard, etc. Is not perfect but is a nice proyect once all is working. and do work. Minus the drivers parts.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •