Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    G731GW Softwares/Drivers

    Hi Guys

    So i bought G731GW, good laptop just the fans are too noisy playing games at ultra settings. That is that. Everything worked when it was default out of box.

    Which was Windows 10 Home 1809 and Bios was 301 i think, i formatted the laptop.

    So now its Windows 10 Ent 1903 and updated the Bios to 305. Also the keyboard firmware.

    I just want someone to dump the original drivers which came with it , i think they are in some folder on the C drive.

    The reason is my mic mute button stopped working and Fan boost key is not showing the animation is does when you click i.e silent,balanced,turbo...but it works.

    Support was no help, or may be something is not compatible with Windows 1903.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    105
    Posts
    4,121

    Quote Originally Posted by volors View Post
    Hi Guys

    So i bought G731GW, good laptop just the fans are too noisy playing games at ultra settings. That is that. Everything worked when it was default out of box.

    Which was Windows 10 Home 1809 and Bios was 301 i think, i formatted the laptop.

    So now its Windows 10 Ent 1903 and updated the Bios to 305. Also the keyboard firmware.

    I just want someone to dump the original drivers which came with it , i think they are in some folder on the C drive.

    The reason is my mic mute button stopped working and Fan boost key is not showing the animation is does when you click i.e silent,balanced,turbo...but it works.

    Support was no help, or may be something is not compatible with Windows 1903.

    Thanks in advance.
    Yes what your looking for it your "eSupport folder" there unique for each notebook, if you post your full model number you might get someone to upload the folder for you. It the one at the very top Sticky at the top of this forum that tells you to back up before formatting or reinstalling windows.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Yes what your looking for it your "eSupport folder" there unique for each notebook, if you post your full model number you might get someone to upload the folder for you. It the one at the very top Sticky at the top of this forum that tells you to back up before formatting or reinstalling windows.
    Its G731GW-DB74

    Also i never had problems with rog products when reinstalling, this is the first time i seen that something is related to esupport folder.
    There is a driver for everything.
    Last edited by volors; 08-31-2019 at 03:30 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    55
    Posts
    499

    Here's a link to that Sticky, Clintgm was referring to:

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-your-OS-drive!

    Let me know if you need any further assistance?
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Well after testing again , i found out that all the keys are working normal just the animation which when you press the button and it shows what it did ( just like when we press FN+ Volume up it pops up the volume bar) is not working.

    Only for Mic Mute and Fan boost, so now the question is what broke the animation part for these two keys.
    Could it be the Keyboard firmware update i did.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    55
    Posts
    499

    So, you downloaded your driver DVD and created an eSupport Folder, then used the ASUS installation Wizard to install all your ASUS drivers and programs that came with your laptop?

    After doing that you are having more problems?
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    So, you downloaded your driver DVD and created an eSupport Folder, then used the ASUS installation Wizard to install all your ASUS drivers and programs that came with your laptop?

    After doing that you are having more problems?
    Well i downloaded full driver DVD from https://www.asustreiber.de/windows-1...o-iii-scar-iii

    i didnt created a esupport folder.

    Just ran the setup , it installed all the drivers, but still the animation for both keys are not working.

    I am not having problems just the animation or the pop when pressing the keys doesnt show up.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    55
    Posts
    499

    OK, I notice the ROG Keyboard Firmware Update tool V2.1.8 hot fix at the bottom of the ASUS Download Center page for the ROG Strix Hero III:

    https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Str...Desk_Download/

    Is that the firmware upgrade you wrote about earlier?

    Here's the latest ATK package from ASUS:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/n..._VER100060.zip

    You will have to delete your old ATK Package in Control Panel first then install the new one.
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    OK, I notice the ROG Keyboard Firmware Update tool V2.1.8 hot fix at the bottom of the ASUS Download Center page for the ROG Strix Hero III:

    https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Str...Desk_Download/

    Is that the firmware upgrade you wrote about earlier?

    Here's the latest ATK package from ASUS:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/n..._VER100060.zip

    You will have to delete your old ATK Package in Control Panel first then install the new one.
    Yes thats the firmware update i did.

    I tried you ATK package but no luck and i think its for FN + * keys.

    If you see the attacment pic those are the key, they are working but not showing the pop up what they did i.e if they muted or umuted or the fan mode is silent , windows, balanced or turbo.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Capture.JPG  


  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    55
    Posts
    499

    Maybe it's the ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver.

    This is an ASUS System Driver for specific functions of MyASUS


    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...368.1547345999
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •