cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH6 WPump header problem

skiiwee29
Level 7
Hey all,

Hoping people can give me some help here. I have been on several different BIOS versions and in each sometimes my WPump header reverse its speeds so to speak, causing my water pump to basically shut down even though I have it set to a certain PWM in the BIOS. Meaning say I have it set to 80% in the BIOS, something happens and it goes down to 20% and so on and so forth.. only way to resolve this is to reboot my machine. Presently I am on BIOS 7403 but have had time on the last 3 or so BIOS with the same issue as well as older ones previous to Ryzen 3000 launch and release. Pump is an EK D5.
5 REPLIES 5

TechyInAZ
Level 7
Try DC mode and see if that works at all. Maybe it's a PWM issue?

TechyInAZ wrote:
Try DC mode and see if that works at all. Maybe it's a PWM issue?

Dont think DC will work since the fan header on the pump is just 2 wires, ground and PWM. The pump has a dedicated power source so no DC control over the fan header.

andyliu
Level 9
can just disable the pump control completely and see if it stay @ full speed.
and you can also use the pwn header of the pump in some other fan header to see if you get proper control
if you do, then maybe something is wrong with pump header?

I dont know if your other fans are affected.
monitoring software can glitch the fan/pump control, asus has beta bios to address it, not yet released (I assume it also applies to c6h)
the current workaround is disable EC support for Hwinfo64, that's the only one i uses so I can only provide that info.

andyliu wrote:
can just disable the pump control completely and see if it stay @ full speed.
and you can also use the pwn header of the pump in some other fan header to see if you get proper control
if you do, then maybe something is wrong with pump header?

I dont know if your other fans are affected.
monitoring software can glitch the fan/pump control, asus has beta bios to address it, not yet released (I assume it also applies to c6h)
the current workaround is disable EC support for Hwinfo64, that's the only one i uses so I can only provide that info.

I have all fan control in the BIOS disabled. I have moved the pump from the w_pump+ header over to the CPU Fan Header and it made zero difference. The fans I have in my system are connected via my Corsair Commander Pro and controlled through iCue so they're not affected by the issue.

Nothing is seemingly working, so I guess I am going to be forced to run my pump at 100% speed only off DC power and unplug the header from the motherboard.