cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370 Crosshair VI Hero WIFI. QCODE 8 ERROR

ihatethis
Level 7
Hi.

I've been getting this error ever since I got this motherboard (about month ago)

Motherboard boots normally but sometimes when I try to power on after previous power off (shutdown), motherboard gets error code 8

When I get error code 8, It gets stuck at error code [8][] and pc doesn't boot unless I power off again by pressing power button and reboot.

After that, it boots normally but it's repeat of above over and over.

Sometimes it boots normally and sometimes I get stuck at error code 8 and I have to do above and error code 8 is quite frequent

What is the cause of QCODE ERROR [8][] and is it ever going to be fixed with future bios update?

All my setting is default, no overclock what so ever

My bios is latest. Tried all bioses since August or so including beta versions and none of them fixed it

(actually it got little better because previous bios version required bios reset using bios reset button when I got error code 8 but now it only require power down without bios reset after getting stuck at error code 8 but it's still very annoying)
5 REPLIES 5

RBMK3_6
Level 9
What CPU?

Same issue.

Error code 8, popped up 3 weeks after a fairly smooth build (Ryzen 3600) with the Beta Bios at the time. Flashing to the latest official did nothing.

The only way to boot the PC is to safe-boot and exit without saving. The system is rock solid, no issues. Tried different GPU, PSU, Memory, Storage. It is definitely something between CPU and Mobo, I am at no position to try a different CPU.

I hope Asus is going to sort this with the BIOS updates, otherwise will have to RMA.

Does it happen on double boot for you? A bunch of people has problem with latest bioses and different dram. The only known solution is to revert bios to the one that doesn't have double boot on cold or warm start. For x470 boards the latest official bios that should work is 2501. You can compare the changelogs to find x370 equivalent.

I think qcode error 8 have something to do with cpu cooler mounting pressure (over tightening) or something

I recently changed my cooler and installed bit loosely and I don't get qcode 8 error anymore

I read number of past about cooler might be causing qcode 8 error and it was for me

ihatethis wrote:
I think qcode error 8 have something to do with cpu cooler mounting pressure (over tightening) or something

I recently changed my cooler and installed bit loosely and I don't get qcode 8 error anymore

I read number of past about cooler might be causing qcode 8 error and it was for me

Very interesting!
I recently had to change my D5 Pump on the system and since, I have random QC 08
But haven't touched the CPU Waterblock or any BIOS Settings before.
Also messed around with the Win10 energie setting, but nothing had an impact on stability.
First I had the Dram on focus. My Dominator Platinum 3466 only runs at 3200 (loose and tight settings testet. DCOP/XMP wont work at all)
Switched back to Bios 7201, because I still run an 1800x on the C6H and i read, that newer Bios advantage on "older" CPU's
Well, still Q8.
Greetings