New ROGer Array

X370 Crosshair VI Hero WIFI. QCODE 8 ERROR

Hi.

I've been getting this error ever since I got this motherboard (about month ago)

Motherboard boots normally but sometimes when I try to power on after previous power off (shutdown), motherboard gets error code 8

When I get error code 8, It gets stuck at error code [8][] and pc doesn't boot unless I power off again by pressing power button and reboot.

After that, it boots normally but it's repeat of above over and over.

Sometimes it boots normally and sometimes I get stuck at error code 8 and I have to do above and error code 8 is quite frequent

What is the cause of QCODE ERROR [8][] and is it ever going to be fixed with future bios update?

All my setting is default, no overclock what so ever

My bios is latest. Tried all bioses since August or so including beta versions and none of them fixed it

(actually it got little better because previous bios version required bios reset using bios reset button when I got error code 8 but now it only require power down without bios reset after getting stuck at error code 8 but it's still very annoying)
    Last edited by ihatethis; 09-01-2019 at 09:54 PM.

New ROGer Array

What CPU?

New ROGer Array

Same issue.

Error code 8, popped up 3 weeks after a fairly smooth build (Ryzen 3600) with the Beta Bios at the time. Flashing to the latest official did nothing.

The only way to boot the PC is to safe-boot and exit without saving. The system is rock solid, no issues. Tried different GPU, PSU, Memory, Storage. It is definitely something between CPU and Mobo, I am at no position to try a different CPU.

I hope Asus is going to sort this with the BIOS updates, otherwise will have to RMA.

New ROGer Array

Does it happen on double boot for you? A bunch of people has problem with latest bioses and different dram. The only known solution is to revert bios to the one that doesn't have double boot on cold or warm start. For x470 boards the latest official bios that should work is 2501. You can compare the changelogs to find x370 equivalent.

New ROGer Array

qcode 8 error no more

I think qcode error 8 have something to do with cpu cooler mounting pressure (over tightening) or something

I recently changed my cooler and installed bit loosely and I don't get qcode 8 error anymore

I read number of past about cooler might be causing qcode 8 error and it was for me
    Last edited by ihatethis; 10-31-2019 at 08:13 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array FoxTech PC Specs
    FoxTech PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800x @4,0Ghz
    Memory (part number)Dominator Platinum @3333Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1080 @2000Mhz-Boost clock 2138Mhz
    Sound CardSoundblaster Z
    MonitorSamsung 34"curved S34E790C
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro
    CPU CoolerCustom water cooled
    CaseThermaltake Core X9 (modified)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 500 Gaming
    Mouse ET-X08
    Headset HyperX Cloud Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Kingston Cloud Gaming B/W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by ihatethis View Post
    I think qcode error 8 have something to do with cpu cooler mounting pressure (over tightening) or something

I recently changed my cooler and installed bit loosely and I don't get qcode 8 error anymore

I read number of past about cooler might be causing qcode 8 error and it was for me
    Very interesting!
    I recently had to change my D5 Pump on the system and since, I have random QC 08
    But haven't touched the CPU Waterblock or any BIOS Settings before.
    Also messed around with the Win10 energie setting, but nothing had an impact on stability.
    First I had the Dram on focus. My Dominator Platinum 3466 only runs at 3200 (loose and tight settings testet. DCOP/XMP wont work at all)
    Switched back to Bios 7201, because I still run an 1800x on the C6H and i read, that newer Bios advantage on "older" CPU's
    Well, still Q8.
    Last edited by FoxTech; 11-09-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Greetings