cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix x570E Gaming Mobo 4 Pin ATX needed?

djxpress
Level 7
Do I need to use the 4 pin ATX? I have a Corsair RM750i and have plugged in the 24 pin and 8 pin ATX connectors to the motherboard. There isn't a 4 pin ATX connector on this PSU. Do I need to have that one plugged in as well as the other two? I plan on doing some light overclocking. I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming graphics card, 2 M.2 NVME drives and a PCIe to M.2 Adapter for a 3rd M.2 drive. 3700x AMD Ryzen. H710i NZXT Case. No additional RGBs or Fans (other than the included Wraith Prism Cooler CPU fan and the case fans). Will the two PSU cables be enough?
2 REPLIES 2

RedSector73
Level 12
I assume your talking about the 4 pin & 8 pin above the CPU.

That's a tricky question (in that having 8 pin but not 4 pin may work but....)
(some boards can detect either missing and wont boot)

Typically the answer is a hard yes, you need both.
(The risk is draw to many amps and over time or suddenly may burn the cables out.)

Any chance you could swap PSU for one that has connectors? (that would be my first choice)

next choice something like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pin-Molex-to-ATX-P4-CPU-4-Pin-12V-PSU-Power-Supply-Convert-Cable-Connecto...

Personally I would not leave it empty.

dihartnell
Level 7
djxpress wrote:
Do I need to use the 4 pin ATX? I have a Corsair RM750i and have plugged in the 24 pin and 8 pin ATX connectors to the motherboard. There isn't a 4 pin ATX connector on this PSU. Do I need to have that one plugged in as well as the other two? I plan on doing some light overclocking. I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming graphics card, 2 M.2 NVME drives and a PCIe to M.2 Adapter for a 3rd M.2 drive. 3700x AMD Ryzen. H710i NZXT Case. No additional RGBs or Fans (other than the included Wraith Prism Cooler CPU fan and the case fans). Will the two PSU cables be enough?

Absolutely categorically no unless you are using ln2 extreme overclocking and a high core count cpu which yours is not.