cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS SRES Help. strange problems

Retired
Not applicable
happy new year Guys first off hope you are well in team ROG at asus

need some help, got my ares card finaly they dropped the prices by 300 dollors so happy days BUT bad news its running like a dog with only 1 leg.

got a 1500w PSU so it aint that as im going to get another card MAYBE end of jan while its cheap. but whats the best drivers to use with it ? im on 10.12 and tried the ones on the webby and CD but its still a dog and i get fps lag in game sometimes.

temps are fine nothing been over 61C

set up is 8gig ram 16000, 3x dvd drives, 4x sata2 and 1 raptor drive AMD 1090T and the crosshair extreme IV mobo. oh and a H50 water cooler and 2 case fans 80mm

sometimes when i try to install drivers it hangs and i have to restart and then it wont even turn on like its not got enough power but i unplug the power cable then back in and press power button and its off and away like normal.

not sure what the problem is so at the moment my pc wont be getting turned off as i cant be bother to unplug everything and back in to make it work.

btw when its working in games and i turn it off in ATI cat is say the card is working on desktop at 99% like its forgot the turn its self back to doing nothing or something but its only with the odd game not all of them.

any help would be seriously helpfull.
3 REPLIES 3

ottoyu34
Level 9
Do you mean it shutters?

Have you tried the drivers at the download tab here:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=bGf2f0s2zeWhT0w8

Retired
Not applicable
I installed the latest drivers from the asus download site, and both chipsets are ares 5870. when i had the latest drivers from ati it displayed both ares 5870.

I find the asus drivers work best with the card. Benchmarks are higher. If you are running smart doctor its making your card fan go up and down. Its its settings under fan control

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Uninstall any Asus related software that is NOT the driver. Like smartdoctor , OSD and other thing like that.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!