Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Wow, looks like a real chore to upgrade the ROG G20 AJ with the latest GPUs. Seems like it was quite okay with the GTX 9xx, and to a certain extent the GTX 10xx, but reaaally complicated with the new RTX range. I wonder if I should try to upgrade, or just resell the computer for some bucks, and buy a whole new gaming rig, like the G21 Hurican, which seems more easily upgradable...

Really hard times for PC gamers... GPUs are totally out of price here in Europe, G21 is nowhere to be found, out of stock everywhere...

Any thoughts ?

ROG Member Array

decided to upgrade my 1070 to the 2070 super, based on this post! wish me luck everyone; i bought it off of amazon, its aftermarket so hopefully it wasn't owned by a crypto miner D:

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jeezy9 View Post
    decided to upgrade my 1070 to the 2070 super, based on this post! wish me luck everyone; i bought it off of amazon, its aftermarket so hopefully it wasn't owned by a crypto miner D:
    Good luck, I'll follow you right after that, as soon as I find a decent price for a decent GPU.

Last week-end, I updated the 1TB HDD to a 2TB SSD, updated the 128gb SSD to a 1TB SSD, and replaced the CMOS battery.
    Thanks to all the tutorials aroung here, it wasn't too complicated... Excepted for the rubbish Samsung data migration software that did a terrible job at cloning my system drive. Tips for those who want to upgrade their hdd/ssd : use Acronis for Crucial software instead, whichever your ssd brand is !

Please keep us informed of your results Jeezy !

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cityhunter62 View Post
    I updated the 1TB HDD to a 2TB SSD, updated the 128gb SSD to a 1TB SSD, and replaced the CMOS battery.
    !
    Noice! yeah its working fine at the moment, ran FurMark for 30min; no issues in that area so hopefully it remains that way.

ROG Member Array Dung Hwangbo PC Specs
    Dung Hwangbo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G20CB-FR002T
    MotherboardAsus ROG G20CB H170
    ProcessorIntel Core i5-6400
    Memory (part number)2 x 8GB Corsair Valueselect DDR4 2133MHz CL15 1.2v SO-DIMM ‎CMSO16GX4M2A2133C15
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB
    Graphics Card #2Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorHP M24f
    Storage #1Kingston SSD 2.5" 128GB
    Storage #2Toshiba HDD 7200rpm 1TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG G20CB heatsink and fans
    CaseAsus ROG G20CB
    Power Supply180W + 230W
    Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed
    Headset Aukey EP-B52
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 PRO Medium
    Headset/Speakers Trust 500P Soundforce
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Internal optical disc drive

I updated the 1TB HDD to a 2TB SSD, updated the 128gb SSD to a 1TB SSD, and replaced the CMOS battery.
    What battery have you used for the replacement? I need a new one for my system aswell.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dung Hwangbo View Post
    What battery have you used for the replacement? I need a new one for my system aswell.
    It's the flat one, really common, like CR2032 if I remember correctly. It's in the deepest part of the rig though, so you'll need to remove almost everything. But not that difficult really if you are patient and careful enough. As long as you are there, don't forget to change the thermal paste too.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jeezy9 View Post
    Noice! yeah its working fine at the moment, ran FurMark for 30min; no issues in that area so hopefully it remains that way.
    GG ! So no GPU power consumption trouble, that's good to know. Thanks for the reassuring feedback !

ROG Member Array Dung Hwangbo PC Specs
    Dung Hwangbo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G20CB-FR002T
    MotherboardAsus ROG G20CB H170
    ProcessorIntel Core i5-6400
    Memory (part number)2 x 8GB Corsair Valueselect DDR4 2133MHz CL15 1.2v SO-DIMM ‎CMSO16GX4M2A2133C15
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB
    Graphics Card #2Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio
    MonitorHP M24f
    Storage #1Kingston SSD 2.5" 128GB
    Storage #2Toshiba HDD 7200rpm 1TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG G20CB heatsink and fans
    CaseAsus ROG G20CB
    Power Supply180W + 230W
    Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed
    Headset Aukey EP-B52
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 PRO Medium
    Headset/Speakers Trust 500P Soundforce
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Internal optical disc drive

It's the flat one, really common, like CR2032 if I remember correctly. It's in the deepest part of the rig though, so you'll need to remove almost everything. But not that difficult really if you are patient and careful enough. As long as you are there, don't forget to change the thermal paste too.
    Thank you for answering! The problem tho is that the CB model unlike the AJ uses a battery with soldered wires for some reason, which are harder to find but eventually I found one! I also replaced the thermal paste two months ago when i upgraded the ram, so i think i'm good for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2