cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 pro - Rog Zenith extreme alpha, wireless driver won't install

maveri
Level 7
I followed the instructions in the box to the letter

It states that due to windows/Intel instability when installing Windows 10, you need to disable the wireless in the bios, upgrade windows, install the new driver set from the Asus motherboard site and then re-enable the wireless adapter in the bios again

However, the latest download package off Asus site for this motherboard doesn't run. It displays the prompt asking if you want to make changes, however, when you say Yes, nothing happens

I then tried running it using the compatability mode and it eventually comes back saying it's not supported on this version of Windows!!!

WTF. Surely Asus supports Windows 10 Pro?

I will find it extremely disappointing if this is the case. I'm beginning to regret buying this board if this is the case

I tried running it with administer privileges also, same outcome

Other driver packages from the same support page run happily, just not this wireless driver package

Windows 10 and Windows 10 pro I thought are cross driver compatible

Is this an Asus issue with they're driver build package do you think?

Any clue or help greatly appreciated. I'll be less than impressed if I cannot use the wireless functionality under Windows 10 Pro
3 REPLIES 3

RedSector73
Level 12
That isn't they way I would go about the problem.

What i would use is a program called Snappy Driver Installer https://sdi-tool.org/download/ use the lite version. It is very good at getting the best / optimised drivers for your system. Use YouTube if have any trouble using the program, there are good tutorial videos.

Hope you find this of help 🙂

dejanh
Level 8
I have the wireless drivers working successfully on the ZEA using Windows 10, but I do recall when I first wanted to get this going it was challenging. I had to disable wireless in the UEFI just to get Windows 10 to successfully start. You should not use the wireless drivers provided by ASUS and instead download them directly from Intel https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005634/network-and-io/wireless-networkin.... Hope this helps. If you are still having issues, I will try to check back here on the weekend and see if I can give you any other tips. It's been a while since I had to do the initial install of the driver.

dejanh wrote:
I have the wireless drivers working successfully on the ZEA using Windows 10, but I do recall when I first wanted to get this going it was challenging. I had to disable wireless in the UEFI just to get Windows 10 to successfully start. You should not use the wireless drivers provided by ASUS and instead download them directly from Intel https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005634/network-and-io/wireless-networkin.... Hope this helps. If you are still having issues, I will try to check back here on the weekend and see if I can give you any other tips. It's been a while since I had to do the initial install of the driver.

This did the trick, thank you 🙂

I wonder why Asus's packaged drivers don't detect the Windows version properly?

Anyhow, for others, don't bother with Asus's package, just get the drivers straight from Intel. Makes one wonder why Asus bother - why don't they just send people to the source anyhow?