cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Stopped Working

Dicehunter
Level 10
Did a fresh install of windows, Latest updates, Latest GPU driver etc... installed Aura sync and upon the first reboot it worked fine, I set all my colours, Turned on my rig after I got in from work and Aura Sync is now not working.

I've tried uninstalling it, The service, Reinstalling, Installing older versions, Nothing works at all, It simply refuses to launch and comes up with "Aura Service is currently unavailable" I have nothing else running in the background, It's a pretty bare bones Windows install so I'm at a loss what could be causing this.

It seems every once in a while Aura simply decides to stop working.

Anyone come across this ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re
Level 10
Wellcome in the world of asus! Random bugs are normal. I had this too i used restore point. Now i make always a restore point before installing any **** from asus. It’s just sad i only need Aura. And they cant get one software working...

Re@per wrote:
Wellcome in the world of asus! Random bugs are normal. I had this too i used restore point. Now i make always a restore point before installing any **** from asus. It’s just sad i only need Aura. And they cant get one software working...

I just installed Windows 10 to a separate SSD I have spare to test and even with that Aura Sync refuses to work.

I really wish Asus would put some work into Aura Sync as when it works it's pretty nice.

Dicehunter wrote:
I just installed Windows 10 to a separate SSD I have spare to test and even with that Aura Sync refuses to work.

I really wish Asus would put some work into Aura Sync as when it works it's pretty nice.

Try installing Armoury Crate (Beta) and see how you go.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112206-Armoury-Crate-(Beta)

When you look in the application event log (Event viewer) do you get something like this? ->

if so then the actual service is crashing. I found that this post really helped: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112939-Motherboard-LED-s-INOP-Aura-Not-Working-Here-s-what....