cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCH fan settetings on ROG Crosshair VIII Formula

mrkuro
Level 7
in the latests BIOS update 0803 there should be a optimized chipset fan profile. The new profile allows the chipset fan to stop during idle or when temperature is low. but i cant find any pch fan settetings in the UEFI menu. and q-fan does not list any pch fan.
8 REPLIES 8

RedSector73
Level 12
I would assume the change is in the bios not accessible thing to play with within the bios menu. Maybe in the future this might be the case.

mrkuro
Level 7
but the pch fan spins with 2000-2700 rpm when vrm temp is only is 30-35 degrees

enter bios
press F6 key

look for HAMP Fan

Manual profile ..... and the only one with option to turn off.

That looks like a new item to me (ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) on 0803)

Is that the right one.... mine buried under graphics card mounted horizontally, cant be bothered trying to find out for sure !

mrkuro
Level 7
HAMP is high amperage fan. dont think that is PCH but maybe

mrkuro wrote:

ok well that was my best guess. nothing else in the bios has disable the fan within the profile.

mrkuro wrote:

It's definitely NOT the PCH fan. It is literally a fan header that can support up to 3 amp (36w) fans. Page 1-21 in the manual covers the details of the fan headers.

As far as I can tell, we have zero control over the PCH fan. I've hunted for the option.

Any news, that we get control via a bios update over the fan?

alterhaudegen wrote:
Any news, that we get control via a bios update over the fan?

Hi,
I am wondering, if there is still no update on the PCH fan issue.
Just got the board a month ago and the PCH fan is running at over 3.600 rpm under stress and above 2.000 rpm in idle for no reason.
Having an AIO watercooling installed and all temperatures are never hitting more than 55°C.

I think this PCH fan installation is just stupid and if it stays uncontrollable I might consider sending the mobo back to the retailer.

Thanks for your reply.