ROG Enthusiast Array

Matrix 980ti Bios Flashback and Safe-mode Issues

Hi guys, i have two 980ti Matrix platinums and i am trying to reset their bios's to factory - I am having issues where the power limit is set to "0000" and is not adjustable.

I am doing this one card at a time.

I have pressed the safe-mode button on shutdown but when i get into windows and open GPU Tweak it opens, displays the "do you want to reset your GPU?" dialogue and then instantly closes before i can do anything. not allowing me to rollback to the factory BIOS.

Is there a fix for this?

I've tried uninstalling all nvidia software and GPU tweak and starting again with different versions but no joy

I am currently stuck with two cards in safe-mode!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok so one of the cards randomly booted out of safe mode so I can use it at least. though I'd still like to do flashback on it.

when I open gpu tweak the power target is 0000 and cannot be changed and also the bios burn button does not work when I try it.

Anyone got any ideas on the power target being 0000?

really bugging me as I cannot go above stock without crashes

ROG Enthusiast Array

hmm so it seems this card has corrupt power tables?

I've been digging around in nvflash and its saying pp0 does not exist?

the card works fine until I try to raise the powerlimit above 100.

newer gpu tweak vertions show it as 0000 and I cannot adjust it. older vertions I can adjust it but as soon as I click apply the card crashes with no signal until I do a full power down.

does anyone have any experience with restoring a gpu to its factory setup?

I'm talking not just bios / eprom but the whole thing including inform mcu etc.

thanks