cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA completely non functional.

Crimson_Specter
Level 7
I have Z390 Maximus XI Hero, and it was working perfectly, when one day all of a sudden Aura was unable to control my Cooler Master ML360R, then it stopped detecting my 4 Trident Z RAM Sticks, and now no version of AURA works, and I've tried everything, uninstalling it properly and stuff. The latest version of course just crashes on startup, one of the very old version is able to start up, but it's only able to control the LEDs on motherboard, and doesn't detect RAM Sticks, and ARGB Strip (ML360R), the other working version gives "Connect AURA compatible device".

I think there could be some hardware issue, because when I set AURA to 'All off' or 'Stealth Mode' in BIOS, it still doesn't shut the RAM sticks LEDs down, which shouldn't be the case. I also tried downgrading from BIOS 1105, but it didn't help.

My ML360R also doesn't get detected in device manager for some reason, which could be a problem with it, but it was working perfectly before this happened.

But that's not all, AI Suite is also not working and it gives an 'Can't Open AsIO.sys (2)' error on startup.

I am a YouTuber who has to have PC in background, so this problem is extremely annoying, I have to have 4 sticks of Trident Z glowing on Full ARGB in the background... G.SKILL's RGB Control software also doesn't work...

Don't know how it was working perfectly one moment, and then got completely f***ed up!

I tried unplugging PSU, resetting CMOS, removing the ram sticks and re inserting them, EVERYTHING!!!
5 REPLIES 5

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
the aisuite is the update.

the aura can be fix deleting the file LASTPROFILE.XML in LightService on ProgramFiles(x86) once that is delete, clean the trash and go to SERVICES and restart the LightingService and restart the computer

Now these is a fix not a solucion.

As far is my investacion on the case, is windows issue. I have being sending data to HQ.

What affect
1. nvidia drivers that stop working and resturn to funcion.
2. some changes on the PREFECT file
3. windows is trying to stop chagnes on the os that can interect with drivers and bios funcions.

I am not clear the issue., Is a fix but not a solution. Since aura is NOT a APP but more a hardware, try not to make chagnes on the registry. that will come with more problems.

In my case I am using the BETA Armory Crate. is working but also have issues. I have trace the issue back to windows. and as far is the cause Not the app. Other brand have some issues like GA. More other brands that use encapsulating software like NZXT and CORSAR that use more DIRECT interface with direct assign on COM ports have better works. Corsair is better on that area, NZXT sometimes the COM PORTS stop working. In the end is windows.

Try that on top and see if work for you
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
the aisuite is the update.

the aura can be fix deleting the file LASTPROFILE.XML in LightService on ProgramFiles(x86) once that is delete, clean the trash and go to SERVICES and restart the LightingService and restart the computer

Now these is a fix not a solucion.

As far is my investacion on the case, is windows issue. I have being sending data to HQ.

What affect
1. nvidia drivers that stop working and resturn to funcion.
2. some changes on the PREFECT file
3. windows is trying to stop chagnes on the os that can interect with drivers and bios funcions.

I am not clear the issue., Is a fix but not a solution. Since aura is NOT a APP but more a hardware, try not to make chagnes on the registry. that will come with more problems.

In my case I am using the BETA Armory Crate. is working but also have issues. I have trace the issue back to windows. and as far is the cause Not the app. Other brand have some issues like GA. More other brands that use encapsulating software like NZXT and CORSAR that use more DIRECT interface with direct assign on COM ports have better works. Corsair is better on that area, NZXT sometimes the COM PORTS stop working. In the end is windows.

Try that on top and see if work for you

Thanks for your reply, I kind of messed up with the registry settings in order to delete AURA properly. I tired that lastprofile.xml thing, it also didn't help. I actually spend 6-7 hours trying to find a solution but nothing worked. Also checked the SPD integrity of RAM sticks and it was fine, so the problem is on the motherboard side. (it should at least let me turn it off, even without software).

Crimson_Specter wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I kind of messed up with the registry settings in order to delete AURA properly. I tired that lastprofile.xml thing, it also didn't help. I actually spend 6-7 hours trying to find a solution but nothing worked. Also checked the SPD integrity of RAM sticks and it was fine, so the problem is on the motherboard side. (it should at least let me turn it off, even without software).

i discover that also, that messing with registry even on cleaning, mess up these. After 5 computer test. the best, and not to make a discuccions, is not using these cleanning.

Aura use XML files to program the aura chip, that makes lights works. These files can be change and program. The app deploy these to the board and make aura work. Now there is deal and I have to check these more on deep dive. IS windows. nvidia drivers as far is my observation that mess up. these can check for example.... instalcion drivers or ddu. The updates areas of the windows i have to gather with a friend in order to check. But scenically is that windows do make changes on that app.

I did some clean install, and as soon the app is in make delete of the aura last profile, restart the service and restart the computer. that has fix most of the issues, but there has to be a permanent fix. That is what i am helping to gather data with friends here in my country, since whe out help sales as being good. for the moment.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Re
Level 10
Crimson_Specter wrote:
I have Z390 Maximus XI Hero, and it was working perfectly, when one day all of a sudden Aura was unable to control my Cooler Master ML360R, then it stopped detecting my 4 Trident Z RAM Sticks, and now no version of AURA works, and I've tried everything, uninstalling it properly and stuff. The latest version of course just crashes on startup, one of the very old version is able to start up, but it's only able to control the LEDs on motherboard, and doesn't detect RAM Sticks, and ARGB Strip (ML360R), the other working version gives "Connect AURA compatible device".

I think there could be some hardware issue, because when I set AURA to 'All off' or 'Stealth Mode' in BIOS, it still doesn't shut the RAM sticks LEDs down, which shouldn't be the case. I also tried downgrading from BIOS 1105, but it didn't help.

My ML360R also doesn't get detected in device manager for some reason, which could be a problem with it, but it was working perfectly before this happened.

But that's not all, AI Suite is also not working and it gives an 'Can't Open AsIO.sys (2)' error on startup.

I am a YouTuber who has to have PC in background, so this problem is extremely annoying, I have to have 4 sticks of Trident Z glowing on Full ARGB in the background... G.SKILL's RGB Control software also doesn't work...

Don't know how it was working perfectly one moment, and then got completely f***ed up!

I tried unplugging PSU, resetting CMOS, removing the ram sticks and re inserting them, EVERYTHING!!!

enable Armoury crate in bios. And it should install Armoury Crate. If not, download it from Microsoft Store. Asus moved a lot of functions into it like aura etc..
Its working good so far.
If this is not working for you then I recommend make a clean windows install with the Armoury Crate bios option on. And dont install Aura or Livedash u just need Armoury Crate now. If all stuff works make a restore point in windows that saved my ass many times.

Crimson_Specter
Level 7
Just an update guys, I had to reinstall Windows and it solved everything.