cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA RGB/SYNC issue

womblyyy
Level 7
Hello, I have a Maximus VIII Formula w/ strip LED lighting (Aura RGB) and installed Trident Z RGB ram (Aura Sync). Both I can definitely change the lighting and patterns for HOWEVER, I have to run different versions and I cannot have both of these versions installed on the same machine. The motherboard works with version 1.01.16. The ram works with version 1.06.17, motherboard doesn't pop up in version 1.06.17. Is it supposed to? What can I do to have control of both of these without uninstalling and installing to switch between the two?

Thanks!

1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware. Bios version: 3801
2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software. ASUS Maximus Formula VIII(AURA RGB), G.Skill Trident Z RGB(AURA SYNC), other lighting software I have installed: iCue, EVGA precision X, Logitech gaming software
3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute) No difference
4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already. uninstalled/reinstalled NUMEROUS times different ways
5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall) I don't.
6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build. Windows 10 x64 V1903

Please Include a screenshot of the Aura UI, and any other pictures if applicable. Check below.
14 REPLIES 14

Re
Level 10
Have you tried Armoury Crate?*

After downloading the software, nothing had shown up in the program that seemed to be compatible.

Re
Level 10
Have you activated it in the bios?*

How do you activate it in bios?

womblyyy wrote:
How do you activate it in bios?

Hi,

Re@per made a mistake, Armoury Crate appeared only from Maximus XI, so with you Maximus VIII, you will not find any Armoury Crate options in the BIOS.

I just advise you to use AURA RGB 1.01.16 for your motherboard (which is available on the support page of your motherboard), and use the G.Skill tool for your ram : http://www.gskill.com/download/1502180912/1551690847/Trident-Z-Family-(RGB,-Royal,-Neo).

Elkmar
Level 8
womblyyy, hi.

Maximus VIII Formula doesn't have Armoury Crate support (I hope that is temporarily).

Try this method: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101543-SOFTWARE-AURA-Sync-RGB&p=778558#post778558

Also, you must pay attention: your MB just have asus aura RGB, not aura sync.
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.

Elkmar wrote:
womblyyy, hi.

Maximus VIII Formula doesn't have Armoury Crate support (I hope that is temporarily).

Try this method: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101543-SOFTWARE-AURA-Sync-RGB&p=778558#post778558

Also, you must pay attention: your MB just have asus aura RGB, not aura sync.

Okay that's what I thought. Yeah I noticed that with looking at the Aura main page, I find it weird how they don't have support for the Aura RGB stuff within the newer Aura program. I'll give that a shot and reply if it works, thanks!

Re
Level 10
Yes sorry I was mistaken it with the crosshair VIII.*

Re@per wrote:
Yes sorry I was mistaken it with the crosshair VIII.*

No worries, mistakes happen, thanks for trying to help though!