cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GM Fan stuck in overboost

ockie
Level 7
Hi, i've seen more people having trouble with the fan in the GL504GM. it started 3 days ago that the fan gets stuck in overboost mode even though i put it on silent or on balanced mode. using the ASUS Gaming Center or the hotkeys on the keyboard don't do anything. is there a fix to this? i already uninstalled and re installed the ASUS Gaming Center app, updated windows and updated Nvidia. Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Run hwinfo and see if it's reporting the correct rpm for the fans, instead of some crazy random number or just 0.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Run hwinfo and see if it's reporting the correct rpm for the fans, instead of some crazy random number or just 0.

where can i see the RPM for the fans? unable to find it at the sensor page. there also is no fan button and enabling the ACPI setting didnt work either. Thanks

couple hours later the fans start running even harder and now theres a fast ratteling sound? any help please?!

ockie wrote:
where can i see the RPM for the fans? unable to find it at the sensor page. there also is no fan button and enabling the ACPI setting didnt work either. Thanks

Click on the "sensors" button and scroll down until you see the fans rpm thing. Mine is listed as "asus nb ec" or something like that.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Click on the "sensors" button and scroll down until you see the fans rpm thing. Mine is listed as "asus nb ec" or something like that.
i must be blind but i cant find it in the list im trying to upload pictures but for some reason i cant upload png's

is there any fix for this???, i have same problem aaaaaaaaaaaaa
I have gl504gm as well. and top left fan goes to boost from start and will just fade after like 30mins to 1hour. weird and frustrating.

remboi098 wrote:
is there any fix for this???, i have same problem aaaaaaaaaaaaa
I have gl504gm as well. and top left fan goes to boost from start and will just fade after like 30mins to 1hour. weird and frustrating.

i downloaded the asus gaming center on the android and for some reason it fixed it, this is the only way to see the RPM of the cpu/gpu so i think that might be the reason but than again im no computer expert. hope it helps

ockie wrote:
i downloaded the asus gaming center on the android and for some reason it fixed it, this is the only way to see the RPM of the cpu/gpu so i think that might be the reason but than again im no computer expert. hope it helps

i have it too in my phone , but it does nothing but it shows my cpu fan speed to 5300rpm which is really fast for no reason. 😞

remboi098 wrote:
i have it too in my phone , but it does nothing but it shows my cpu fan speed to 5300rpm which is really fast for no reason. 😞

all i did was update windows, update nvidia, i got a forced update for my bios to 310, updated something on MyAsus, deleted and re installed Asus Gaming Center ( i contacted asus and they gave me another version of Asus Gaming Center ) which did not work until i downloaded it on my android phone. it seems a lot of people's fan got f*cked up in the last couple of days so hope asus going to come out with an update for whatever is causing this.