cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,I'm back,got some questions regarding GL702ZC 306 Bios and upgrades.

AgentHunk
Level 8
Has anyone tested out whether the new Bios can allow CPU upgrading and RAM upgrading to 2666MHz or 3000MHz yet?
for the GL702ZC of course.
3 REPLIES 3

Matze2k0
Level 7
AgentHunk wrote:
Has anyone tested out whether the new Bios can allow CPU upgrading and RAM upgrading to 2666MHz or 3000MHz yet?
for the GL702ZC of course.

My GL702VMK is running on the newest BIOS release but my RAM won't run with more than 2400Mhz . It works but not with the desired speed. I know that you own a different model but still wanted to share my findings.

Matze2k0 wrote:
My GL702VMK is running on the newest BIOS release but my RAM won't run with more than 2400Mhz . It works but not with the desired speed. I know that you own a different model but still wanted to share my findings.

Hi,thanks for the reply.I am happy to hear it works for your model.however,I just need to know if the new bios is for the upgradability of the GL702ZC?
With the third Gen Ryzen being release And talks of supporting upgrade options for Motherboards B350 and up for Cpu+Ram upgrades,I just had to throw my thoughts out on these forums for someone to confirm the options.

I cannot test and try out myself,I cant afford to upgrade from stock Hdd yet...to 2tb or 4tb 2.5 inch SSD....

Or buy more ram....

Just need to be aware and up to speed from others that have tested and confirmed the upgrade options.

Let me know everyone.

Psiboy69
Level 8

I own the same Model Laptop too. Will Never buy another Asus after this. I have a spare 2600 and 3700x sitting around from desktop upgrades. It would be nice is Asus actually gave a stuff about their customers. The recent AM5 Motherboard warranty fiasco that was covered by GamersNexus among others really showed up how they just aren't focused on customers like they used to be.