cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Option Request: Add PCIe Generation Selector for x16 Slots on Strix X570-E

Falcon2045
Level 7
As already mentioned in the title: ASUS, please add support for selecting/limiting PCIe Link Speed on the x16 PCIe slots. The Crosshair X570 has this, why isn't this present on the Strix X570-E?

Background: Currently there are no working PCIe 4.0 riser cables. Limiting the Slot speed to PCIe 3.0 would allow to use riser cables with PCIe 4.0 graphics cards (aka. RX5700 and RX5700 XT) without running into issues.

Please add this BIOS/UEFI Option! :cool:
7 REPLIES 7

Raventlov
Level 7
Not in the position to need this option but i absolutely agree, add this option!
Plus add official PCH fan control and BCLK spread spectrum, officially!
And fix PBO too, the same menu voice is present 3 times but when you change something in one of the voice it doesn't reflect the others making a mess!

I´m having this issue too. Please add the option to select PCI-E 3.0 for PCI-E Slots. If possible splitted for each slot.
Installing a RX5700XT with a Riser-Cable is not possible right now.

Yes, I am too! Either way! Can not be that you can not run PCIE4 card with riser in the future ..!?

KingCarstonoX wrote:
Yes, I am too! Either way! Can not be that you can not run PCIE4 card with riser in the future ..!?

Well i think that for sure in the future more raiser cable pci-e 4.0 certified will rise... unless there is some sort of physical caveats, like the lane can't be that much longer so the raiser should also ACTIVELY regenerate the signal like a switch does with ethernet cables (adding latency)

The option will also fix the WHEA 17 Errors!

Falcon2045
Level 7
Bumping for visibility.

Falcon2045
Level 7
Beta BIOS versions 1304 (and most probably 1305) with AGESA 1.0.0.4 finally include this function!