cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True FIX for AURA! ANY VERSION.

Xtroyes
Level 7
Okay, first things first. I did do the complete uninstall of the Aura version I had, go ahead and do it too. Use Revo, CCleaner, whatever. Now just install 1.07.71. It will give you the error "Aura Service is not working blah, blah, blah." Here we go..........................................................
1. Go into your install folder-LightingService-AuraServiceSetup (install it). Open Aura, you should see something.
2. Go into LightingService folder in your Program Files folder (C), locate the LightingService folder, open it, DELETE "LastProfile"
3. Type "Services" in your search bar, locate "LightingService", right click, RESTART.
4. Go into your INSTALL folder-LightingService-aac folder. From there you will see all the setup files for the different peripherals. UNINTALL them, REINSTALL them (what you need, that is)
5. Go back into SERVICES-LightingService-right click-Restart.
That's it! Open Aura and enjoy! If you installed stuff into Aura you don't need, like say, Keyboard, (it WILL show up!) just uninstall the AacKbSetup. Unless of course you have a Asus KB that is compatible. I did this late last night, I tried to repeat the steps I did by uninstalling Aura and doing it again, but Aura just keeps installing the PROPER way now. LOL!
6 REPLIES 6

dfaovred
Level 10
Why don't you just post it? Seems suspicious to me.

Honestly, I am planning on making a YouTube video. I just don't want anyone stealing my thunder because I was pretty damned stoked last night after figuring it out.
Only problem is, I have never posted a YouTube video in my life, so..... Perhaps I'll just screen shot the way and have faith.

Well, it says my screen shots are invalid, so I had to type it all out......................WTF. I can fix Aura, but I can't insert a damn screenshot!

Can you guys verify that it worked so I have not forgotten a step please?

MR_G
Level 8
Odd thing for me...

I have had nothing but problems with every version of Aura since my first Z370/i8700k build 2 years ago. I just built a Z390/i9900k gaming computer and again, no matter what version of Aura I tried, it would work once, then give the error the next time I opened it. I spent a whole day last week trying different versions uninstall/installation methods. I gave up and left it at 1.0.7.71 (not working after opening and closing it once). I forgot about Aura for a few days. Yesterday I turn on my computer and notice that video card (Asus 2070) was changing colors like Aura was working (it has been stuck on red since I gave up on on messing with it). I double clicked on the Aura desktop shortcut, expecting it to give the error, but it opened up normally and everything worked (mobo, gpu and ram). I opned/closed it about 20x's and did about 5 reboots. It works every time.

Now Aura seems to work properly and I did not do anything but let it run for a few days. I don't get it, but it works! Now if they would only fix the cpu usage that makes my cpu run at 5.1ghz the whole time the computer is running...
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
i9 9900k @ 5.1GHz
Corsair H115i Platinum RGB
32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 14-14-14-34-2T (Samsung B-Die)
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC 8GB @ 2055
Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Corsair RM850X
Windows 10 Pro x64