cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI SUITE fan speed and temps

Asryan
Level 10
Hi guys,

I've seen that when you set up fan curve for chassis in AI Suite it seems to not detect the proper temps

the cpu temp indicated in AI suite isn't the same as the one in HWinfo for example, it's often a lot lower, making the fan curves not usefull.

Temps seems close to the good one at idle but remains lower than they are when gaming

Seems even in bios the readings are a bit off, need to make curve that does not fit the temps I can see in Hwinfo

How can I fix that?

thanks
2 REPLIES 2

mdzcpa
Level 12
You cannot in AI Suite. A simple solution would be to set the fans curves to react to the temps reported by AI Suite (which are the same temps reported in the BIOS). Simply set the fans to come on and ramp up at lower temps.

I go a different route. I set my case fans to the PCH temps. So when I game the fans ramp up on PCH as it reflects a good system temp. I run my radiator fans off both CPU and PCH. So if I'm doing something CPU intensive the fans run off cpu….but the rad fans will ramp as well on high PCH temps which is important as they are configured as exhaust fans.

Asryan
Level 10
Well it seems that when the CPU gets hotter, AI suite does not really sees it or it takes a lot of time. I was around 55c on my overlay in game and ai suite was still reporting 40c.

I Tried to do with PCH but the problem is PCH takes more time to cool down so when i stop doing something CPU intensive, the PCH will remains hot for a while so i will get useless noise ?

The only option I found was to make a "gaming" profile I have to switch to each time I launch a game with fans running at high speed.

Is this AI suite issue known ? Same for bios, why isn't it reporting proper temps?