Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JarryHead View Post
    I agree with others that they should take their time and give us thoroughly tested BIOSes, rather than rushed, broken ones.

I am probably 1 out of 100 people in the entire world running a Zen 2 CPU on a X370-I board. That's the problem with having backward compatibility on AM4, the amount of motherboards that need to be supported just kees growing every generation. It can't be an easy task for a handful (one?) BIOS developer?
    They should have automated tests covering all backwards compatibility, they should need to add the new 3000 series in their tests set and that's it

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Belcebuu View Post
    They should have automated tests covering all backwards compatibility, they should need to add the new 3000 series in their tests set and that's it
    I'm sure they do some automatic testing, but there's never a 1:1-relationship between automatic testing and real use cases. If there's a bug or problem with the automatic tests then it will give a green light even if there's problems. And users are not gonna be happy with "Nah bruh, aint nothing wrong with your board, our automatic testing says so, so you're just... Using it wrong". The important thing is thorough accurate testing to cover all bases, and you can simply not do that even if your automated tests are world-class.

ROG Member Array shadykillas69 PC Specs
    shadykillas69 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD 3700x
    Memory (part number)N82E16820232822
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION
    MonitorDell S-Series 27-Inch S2719DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series™ H100i PRO RGB
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series Air 740
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i 1200W
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM with CHERRY® MX Speed switches
    Mouse Corsair Nightsword RGB
    Headset HyperX Cloud Stinger Wired
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Lost me

I have for years been an asus fan and loved their products. I felt like support (aka bios updates, stability) and product quality where really setting them apart. Now... well my next build is almost for sure going to be a gigabyte. From overall better performance many reviewers are getting over the asus boards to just being more active with their community I think my days of saying just get an asus are really at and end.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by shadykillas69 View Post
    I have for years been an asus fan and loved their products. I felt like support (aka bios updates, stability) and product quality where really setting them apart. Now... well my next build is almost for sure going to be a gigabyte. From overall better performance many reviewers are getting over the asus boards to just being more active with their community I think my days of saying just get an asus are really at and end.
    I just wish EVGA would start making Ryzen boards...

Next build for me will (sadly) avoid ASUS, their lack of communication and customer interaction / support is just not on par with 2019 standards anymore (Apart from Shamino trying).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Maybe they want tp push X570, so more people buy those boards, but the majority ist using X370/470.
    I bought 2 ASUS CH Boards (6+7 WIFI), because of the great Community and Support espescially Elmor/TheStilt etc and i had many many ASUS Products before including GPUs and other Boards. I am not happy at all, and i regret it, because you already wrote why. I am active on many many Forums, including some english speaking forums and many german and guess what, people are not happy at all with their ASUS Boards, whats driving me crazy is apart from the lack of communication and late BIOS updates is, that the Board is so slow in booting up (UEFI mode Windows Install). The components ASUS uses are very good, but guys come on, thats not everything, dont leave us behind and communicate at least, you can release the BIOS as the slowest among the other manufactures, but please talk to us. You want happy customers i guess, dont think because of only handful people here writing that many users are happy, i can assure you, they are not. Is it to difficult for a MEGA Company like ASUS to hire one person here who says, everything will be fine my little childrens, you only have to sleep a couple days more until the BIOS is coming
    Last edited by Duvar; 09-12-2019 at 10:13 PM.

ROG Member Array

Has anyone know if Shamino is alive? Haven't seen him here in a while

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Belcebuu View Post
    Has anyone know if Shamino is alive? Haven't seen him here in a while
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9YFJTPEklY

ROG Member Array

Even Crosshair VIII Formula update is from 8/6..... Something seems off.
    Good thing there are some great guys patching bios or I would have bailed about now.

Looks like TUF 570 got a new update so there are signs of life.....
    Last edited by WheelC; 09-12-2019 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Moar info

ROG Member Array

ROG Enthusiast Array MacClipper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WheelC View Post
    Even Crosshair VIII Formula update is from 8/6..... Something seems off ...
    Asus X570 beta AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA BIOS listed
    https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...28903.html#2.7
    A Mind Forever Voyaging... Across The Universe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast