cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring us ABBA bios for x470 and x570,stop being the last one releasing bios

Belcebuu
Level 7
It is bloody pathetic how Asus is left behind releasing bios.

It is not only that Asus reputation in bios is just below 0, it is also the possible consumers that are not going to buy an Asus motherboard anymore including me.

I have a x470 and I had today the ABB bios while almost all the others x470 had it since weeks, second most expensive x470 and its support is pathetic

Please Asus make us believe in you again
36 REPLIES 36

Raventlov
Level 7
Belcebuu wrote:

It is not only that Asus reputation in bios is just below 0, it is also the possible consumers that are not going to buy an Asus motherboard anymore including me.

I have a x470 and I had today the ABB bios while almost all the others x470 had it since weeks, second most expensive x470 and its support is pathetic

I'm not usually the guys that plays the role of the devil advocate but as stated by AMD in the community update:

"What to Expect Next
AGESA 1003ABBA has now been released to our motherboard partners. Now they will perform additional testing, QA, and implementation work on their specific hardware (versus our reference motherboard). Final BIOSes based on AGESA 1003ABBA will begin to arrive in approximately three weeks, depending on the testing time of your vendor and motherboard.
"
SOURCE:https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/09/10/ryzen-community-update-bios-updates-for-b...

Now, all the other bios released by the other vendors are beta and not official, PLUS and i don't think that it's only the case for my current motherboard (x570-e), but PBO voices are a mess...you change something in a place and it's not reflected into the others. No PCH control even if it's present (hided in bios) No BLCK Spread Spectrum

So for sure, i want latest patch as fast as they can, but i also want a G.....N polished bios. **** i demand it if you ask me 300+ $ ;););)

Raventlov wrote:
I'm not usually the guys that plays the role of the devil advocate but as stated by AMD in the community update:

"What to Expect Next
AGESA 1003ABBA has now been released to our motherboard partners. Now they will perform additional testing, QA, and implementation work on their specific hardware (versus our reference motherboard). Final BIOSes based on AGESA 1003ABBA will begin to arrive in approximately three weeks, depending on the testing time of your vendor and motherboard.
"
SOURCE:https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/09/10/ryzen-community-update-bios-updates-for-b...

Now, all the other bios released by the other vendors are beta and not official, PLUS and i don't think that it's only the case for my current motherboard (x570-e), but PBO voices are a mess...you change something in a place and it's not reflected into the others. No PCH control even if it's present (hided in bios) No BLCK Spread Spectrum

So for sure, i want latest patch as fast as they can, but i also want a G.....N polished bios. **** i demand it if you ask me 300+ $ ;););)

Look if they have Beta bios is because they have them earlier, or because they care to release beta bios to consumers at their own risk, but at least you can see that they are working on it, here is just an embarrasing silence

Support for me is more important than having nice usb ports on a backplate, if a company is **** on support I will ran away from it fullstop

Belcebuu wrote:
Look if they have Beta bios is because they have them earlier, or because they care to release beta bios to consumers at their own risk, but at least you can see that they are working on it, here is just an embarrasing silence

Support for me is more important than having nice usb ports on a backplate, if a company is **** on support I will ran away from it fullstop

Oh don't get me wrong, i do agree with you especially because Gigabyte and MSI are far more active on forums (reddit, overclock.net etc.) Asus is near dead silent from a long time (apart from Shamino)

About the support, i think support is another thing. Support is when you open a ticket and how they manage it.

Should they be more present and active especially here? hell yhea...
Do i REALLY need this ABBA bios patch NOW to measure my epenis around with CB15 / CB20? nah not really
Do i want my CPU to reach the frequency exposed on the very package? hell yes i want that too

To summarize, i agree with you but we should blame Asus for the lack of community management IMHO more then for being late in BIOS updates.

It would soothe the spirit if someone from asus just pops up and said: "yhea guys chill, we recently got this patch and we are working on it to give you the best we can"

Wake me up when September ends.

Raventlov wrote:
Oh don't get me wrong, i do agree with you especially because Gigabyte and MSI are far more active on forums (reddit, overclock.net etc.) Asus is near dead silent from a long time (apart from Shamino)

About the support, i think support is another thing. Support is when you open a ticket and how they manage it.

Should they be more present and active especially here? hell yhea...
Do i REALLY need this ABBA bios patch NOW to measure my epenis around with CB15 / CB20? nah not really
Do i want my CPU to reach the frequency exposed on the very package? hell yes i want that too

To summarize, i agree with you but we should blame Asus for the lack of community management IMHO more then for being late in BIOS updates.

It would soothe the spirit if someone from asus just pops up and said: "yhea guys chill, we recently got this patch and we are working on it to give you the best we can"

Users willing to play with beta bios are the perfect testers, Gigabyte and MSI know it well and they use people willingly. Asus just do some crap testing internally and release a buggy version

Now gigabyte has taken the crown.
Funny that it was quite the opposite just 1-2 year ago with first gen ryzen release, gigabyte was basically ignoring ryzen platform and you can tell this just by design of their first boards, i had a x370 aorus k7 and was really pleased when i moved to x470 c7h hero, but things have changed since 1st gen zen and since elmor left asus.
Check gb and msi x470 and x570 boards, they are so much refined. Same goes for MSI.
Asus is making a very big mistake by lagging behind on this platform, i mean, zen2 is much more profitable than zen and zen+, i don't get why they act like this.

"Bring us ABBA bios for x470 and x570"

As a X370 user... Bruh!!! Don't forget about us who were the first ones to take the risk... X470 and X570 users came in only when Ryzen was a safe bet, we were the ones that made it a bet in the first place. Don't forget about us please... (And by the love of god, fix the boot issues)

ozzed
Level 7
Belcebuu wrote:

Um, no thank you. You know what happens when they RUSH BIOSes out to consumers? 2501 happens, 2602 happens, 2703 happens. Severe bugs that makes systems unusable for some users. That is not what I want just to wave my e-peen at people saying "I got the BIOS update first! I mean... It's unusable and broken but I GOT IT FIRST!!!" No no no. They should take their time, fix the bugs, make sure ALL the features work (Including Auto OC +200Mhz and PBO) then release a beta once they are confident it's stable, to let people test it, if there's no serious issues, release to public. That is how I think they should do it to avoid what is now an utter mess.

That being said, they do need to communicate more with users. They are very silent now. They shoild have daily updates on the progress, what they're working on now, how it's going, what they plan to do next, listen to people's suggestions, communicate. That sort of thing. If they did that it would remove the feeling that they don't care for their users, but rushing broken UEFI-versions out for the sheer sake of showing a life sign? Absolutely not. I'd rather they be silent.

I agree with others that they should take their time and give us thoroughly tested BIOSes, rather than rushed, broken ones.

I am probably 1 out of 100 people in the entire world running a Zen 2 CPU on a X370-I board. That's the problem with having backward compatibility on AM4, the amount of motherboards that need to be supported just kees growing every generation. It can't be an easy task for a handful (one?) BIOS developer?